My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

play memory stick to tv

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

maisonolivier

Hi
    I have successfully transfered a recording to memory stick from my foxsat. Playing back from stick to tv is not recognised,can anybody advise
    GB

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 13:57:27 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

More details. Was the recording HD or SD. Which file have you got on the stick (xxxx.ts ? ). Make and model of TV ?

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 14:07:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

maisonolivier

.TS. TV is phillips 2 years.old. model number is difficult to get to without moving cables etc. SD recording

GB

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 14:15:36 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

maisonolivier - 3 minutes ago  » 
    .TS. TV is phillips 2 years.old. model number is difficult to get to without moving cables etc. SD recording
    GB

What's the filename ? My Panny TV will play back .ts files from a Foxsat-HDR. Are you sure the TV has a USB media player ?

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 14:20:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

maisonolivier

I assumed that the usb insery on the tv would accept downloaded items. All i know is that it will not accept ts files. Can i use my computer to change the ts to another system
    GB

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 14:51:34 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

maisonolivier - 11 minutes ago  » 
    I assumed that the usb insery on the tv would accept downloaded items. All i know is that it will not accept ts files. Can i use my computer to change the ts to another system
    GB

A TV of that age it's possible that only jpeg photos can be displayed. Without a model number impossible to check. You can buy a portable media player from about £20.00 that will play back video content.

But yes you can convert the file but without knowing the TV actually supports video hard to suggest what to convert to.

Haven't you got a manual detailing the specific series of TV that you have ?

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:05:15 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

maisonolivier

Thinking back i can recall watching a film somebody had downloaded onto a stick. Looking at other forums there appears to b be a number of people who have trouble with ts files.

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:18:59 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

- 0 seconds ago  » 

You could try handbrake

https://handbrake.fr/

Try changing the container to .MKV

Out of interest all the following kit I have will play back a .ts directly transferred from a Foxsat

HDR FOX T2, HDR1000S, LG Blu-ray player, Panny TV, Cyclone portable media player, Samsung Galaxy smartphone and Nexus 7 tablet.

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:37:59 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.