My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Please Help

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RUBYROSE

Dear All,
    we have had our Foxsat-HDR, for around 2 years, always worked fine, love it, then 2 weeks ago we lost the picture we thought due to bad weather, next day still not working, we put a new head as had a crack in it, when we went to re-tune, postcode wouldn't work, no post code does, O.k by manual tune, but channels do not start at 101, but at 5001. On freesat tune zero quality and strenght, on manual tune 85 %

Also Tv guide does not work, you can only see the next program so cannot pre record, you can record what you are watching but only 120 mins.

We live in France
    Thank-you
    Samantha

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 14:11:58 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. It sounds as if you have a dish issue.

Dish moved / water in coax cables / failed lnb. To verify the postcode you must be able to receive the freesat home transponder which is on Eutelsat28A at 28.5E. Using manual tune select transponder 11427 H (might say 11428) and look at signal strength quality. If no reception you will have to sort out the dish/lnb/coax cabling.

| Mon 18 Nov 2013 14:29:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RUBYROSE

thank-you seems to be working now with your advice

| Thu 21 Nov 2013 22:01:41 #3 |
  4. JoeFonebone

JoeFonebone

As I need assistance I thought I'd hijack this thread rather than needlessly start another.

I have the excellent Raydon software on my Humax Foxsat HDR. With the new BBC HD channels arriving I thought I'd update my list of Non-freesat channels. The trouble is it's so long since I've added new channels to my customised non-Freesat list I've forgotten how to do it! Feel a bit of an eejit. Thought I might be able to do it on the web via the software interface but from what I can see this doesn't appear to be an option.
    Can any one please assist in letting me know how I add channels to my Non-freesat list please?

P.S. To clarify, by 'Non-freesat' channels I mean those I access by selecting 'Non-freesat' under the STB Mode.

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 2:34:56 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Look up the transponder details of the channels you want to add.

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

Menu Setup Manual Tune

Transponder All should be highlighted

Press right and scroll down the list to find one of the transponders you want to add, press search and save the results.

Repeat for any others.

If the transponder is not in the list there is a blank entry at the end you can add any missing ones.

Note. If you scan a transponder that you have already scanned before because it has additional channels then the original channels will appear twice. You can delete the second added copy if you wish.

Alternatively you can enter non-freesat mode elect to edit channels and delete all TV then Radio channels and carry out a manual tune using the all transponder option.

If you are using the CF channel editor you will have to set up again those non-freesat channels you elect to be usable in Freesat mode

You could of course do this using the webif remote control rather than the physical one if it's more convenient.

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 11:01:59 #5 |
  6. JoeFonebone

JoeFonebone

That was a really quick and helpful response, thank you very much!

As a footnote, whilst I can get the 'ordinary' Red Button channel to appear on Non-freeview, I can't seem to get the HD Red Button to appear. Am I missing a trick or is it not available?

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 2:07:17 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JoeFonebone - 9 hours ago  » 
    That was a really quick and helpful response, thank you very much!
    As a footnote, whilst I can get the 'ordinary' Red Button channel to appear on Non-freeview, I can't seem to get the HD Red Button to appear. Am I missing a trick or is it not available?

Channel was deleted to make room for the new BBC HD channels.

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 11:57:29 #7 |
  8. JoeFonebone

JoeFonebone

As stated above I have the excellent Raydon software on my Humax Foxsat HDR. There are however a couple of anomalies.

The first issue is that in Non-Fresat mode I cannot amend the order of the channels.
    I tried using the Humax's own 'Edit Channel List' option however although it gives an option to 'Save' the changes it doesn't actually do so upon selecting the option.
    I cannot readily see a way of changing the order of the channels using either the 'Channel Editor' or 'WebIf Channel Lists' via the online option.

The second issue is that whenever I rewind a live broadcast it automatically displays subtitles. If I press the 'SUB' button on the handset to try and deselect the subtitles a box appears stating 'Not available in Time Shift mode'.

Any help / suggestions regarding the two points above would be appreciated.

| Sun 6 Jul 2014 13:34:08 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not sure why you can't re-order non freesat using the built in option.

To get rid of the subtitles press exit twice.

On an affected channel whilst viewing live, try turning on the subtitles and then turning them off again.

Now try rewinding again.

| Sun 6 Jul 2014 13:48:11 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.