My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Portal doesn't display

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonyb

Hi Guys
    Been struggling with this for ages. I've had no reply from Humax support, so I hope you might help. the message I sent them was-

Hi Support

I am having problems with the TV Portal on my Humax HDR-FOX T2.

First of all it came up with a message saying that it couldn’t find the webpage due to network problem.
    I went to settings and found that the DHCP setting was wrong and wouldn’t or couldn’t find the server although it could see my network.

I then set the LAN up manually, and I’ve got network connected and the message has gone.

However through the whole of this the TV portal screen has not appeared on my TV and still doesn’t.
    It does connect because I have to exit from it before I can use the remote for any other actions.

It used to work with no difficulty in the past. Unfortunately I’m not sure when this problem first started.

Any help would be appreciated.

TonyB

| Mon 8 Oct 2012 16:47:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tonyb - 2 hours ago  » 
    I then set the LAN up manually, and I’ve got network connected and the message has gone.

So what settings have you used manually?

| Mon 8 Oct 2012 19:38:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonyb

I set my home hub to a fixed address for the Humax of 192.168.1.71 and in LAN settings made the IP address the same. netmask 255.255.255 and the gateway and DNS same as the home hub on 192.168.1.254

| Tue 9 Oct 2012 0:37:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tonyb - 6 hours ago  » 
    I set my home hub to a fixed address for the Humax of 192.168.1.71 and in LAN settings made the IP address the same. netmask 255.255.255 and the gateway and DNS same as the home hub on 192.168.1.254

Sounds plausible. Can you ping the Humax from a PC on the network?

| Tue 9 Oct 2012 7:00:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonyb

No it doesn't ping. and it doesn't appear as connected on the home network map in the homehub either. Hmm.
    it goes from my hub via a comtrend power line adaptor. that is set to 192.168.1.65 BTW. Is there any clue there?

| Tue 9 Oct 2012 16:08:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tonyb - 20 minutes ago  » 
    No it doesn't ping. and it doesn't appear as connected on the home network map in the homehub either. Hmm.
    it goes from my hub via a comtrend power line adaptor. that is set to 192.168.1.65 BTW. Is there any clue there?

You need to be able to ping it before going any further. The powerline adapters I am familiar with don't have an IP address. Have you tested the powerline adapters eg by using them to connect a PC to the Internet?

| Tue 9 Oct 2012 16:32:02 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonyb

I'll try very shortly

| Tue 9 Oct 2012 18:07:53 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonyb

Bingo.
    Laptop didn't connect to network. tried at cat5 of first comtrend and it was OK. luckily I have a third spare so swapped it for that and it worked. looks like the power line adapter is either faulty or not set up properly.
    Many thanks for your help. Very much appreciated
    TonyB

| Tue 9 Oct 2012 20:34:37 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.