My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Potential issues from changing current setup.

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

robert1997

Hi guys. Long time lurker here and first time poster so PLEASE go easy.

I have no choice, because of some home renovations, to change from two inputs to one on my HDR-1000S. I'm aware of the limitations this throws up but I can live with that, especially as I also own a Humax Freeview pvr, so I'll still be able to catch all my recordings juggling between both boxes.
    The only way I can see to get things working properly is to do a Factory Default reset. Thats where my problems really begin. I've read elsewhere that you cannot update the software via one input cable. Assuming that resetting the box also resets the Firmware then I would be taking a big step backwards here. Currently my box is on the up to date software. Unfortunately I also can't find the November 2014 update (2.02.07) available on the Net to put on a pen and update manually.
    I've been into the 'hidden menu' from the system info screen but I can't find how to change the number of inputs without having to do a reset. If the option were there it would save loads of grief!
    Bottom line guys, am I stuck with resetting the box and making do with the older software?
    Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 12:18:20 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A reset will not affect your current software. Not sure why you think software updates won't work with a single cable. Way back in 2008 the Foxsat-hdr had an issue with this (there was a simple workaround), a new loader fixed this.

A reset will delete your recording schedule and return any settings changed from default (box volume for instance). Make a note of your recording schedule first or photograph it. Of course there may be some that are not possible with a single cable.

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 12:28:14 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I don't know where you have read about updating but it is incorrect, and to be 100% sure I am currently downloading via OTA the update to a unit with only one input.

In any case a factory default will not revert software to an earlier version. It does reset any user settings you may have altered and deletes the timers list so you will have to re-schedule them.

Of course there is also the IP and usb options for updating software as well.

Edit: Graham typed faster them me

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 12:31:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

robert1997

Thank you so much guys. As the two resident experts here, at least from all the info I've picked up from you both browsing here in the past, it is reassuring to get the answers I was hoping for.

I can confirm I've now reset the box and am delighted, as you both rightly said, my fears have been groundless and everything has went much smoother than I at first had imagined it would be.

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I can be of help to others in this community as my stay here commences.

Good luck to you both

| Tue 31 Mar 2015 15:33:16 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.