My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

problem with IR or remote

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChainOf1

I have a HDR 2000T, but now nothing happens when using the remote (RM-109U).
    Changed batteries in remote & can see the red light (beneath the PVR button) working when I press any button on the remote.
    Is it possible the IR sensor within the 2000T has stopped working ?
    Anyone had a similar problem ?
    Or know how to fix this ?

| Sun 12 Apr 2015 18:28:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

doodlebugger

I have a 2000T and have just started to have problems with the controller.
    This is very disappointing as the unit is only 2 years old. I had my previous Humax about 6 years without a problem.
    I opened up the controller to see if I could clean the contacts. About 10 of the most used buttons activate micro switches and these are robust. But 4 other of the central buttons are conventional carbon pill type. I found these to be very worn and beyond any help from cleaning. I have just ordered a cheap Chinese copy. The copies are £11 while a genuine replacement are about £60. So I figure if the copy works for 2 years I will be well in profit.
    I suppose the Humax designers should note that any system is only as strong as its weakest part. There is not much point having super durable buttons for a few functions and fragile buttons for the rest.
    I will post when I try out my copy controller.

| Tue 14 Apr 2015 13:48:56 #2 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

You can buy a special conductive paint to apply to the worn contacts. You could also fix it with kitchen foil, double-sided tape and a hole punch. Stick one side of the tape to a piece of foil and use the hole punch to make little foil circles. Then peel the backing off the circles and stick to the worn contacts on the flexible upper remote control inlay and reassemble.

| Tue 14 Apr 2015 16:10:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

doodlebugger - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have a 2000T and have just started to have problems with the controller.
    This is very disappointing as the unit is only 2 years old. I had my previous Humax about 6 years without a problem.

Depending on where you purchased the box the warranty can be for 2 years. Probably worth ringing Humax and seeing if they will send you a new remote; ours became problematic in less than a year and I got a new remote free of charge sent by post without problem.

| Tue 14 Apr 2015 16:39:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

doodlebugger

The cheapo controller arrived and worked no problem. I did not particularly like the layout of the buttons and their spacing but it will do. Once I had a working controller, I repaired the old one with the method suggested by MontysEvilTwin. I used doubled sided tape and kitchen foil as suggested and it worked great, so thanks for that steer. So I now have two working controllers, job sorted. Thanks again.

| Mon 20 Apr 2015 19:25:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Munchkinn

doodlebugger - 1 month ago  » 
    The cheapo controller arrived and worked no problem. I did not particularly like the layout of the buttons and their spacing but it will do. Once I had a working controller, I repaired the old one with the method suggested by MontysEvilTwin. I used doubled sided tape and kitchen foil as suggested and it worked great, so thanks for that steer. So I now have two working controllers, job sorted. Thanks again.

I'm going to try the same. Could you tell me which copy remote you got please and where from? TIA

| Mon 15 Jun 2015 22:02:58 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

doodlebugger

I got the RM series RM-109U from Amazon at £11.99.

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 6:01:25 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gilamong2015

I have problems also with the RM109U. It can sometimes take a long time for a button press to do anything.

Should i buy a replacement?

| Fri 19 Jun 2015 16:42:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

doodlebugger

My RM109U is working OK. One thing though, the infra red power output is a lot less than the Humax original. It has to be pointed directly at the box, especially on high ambient light days. With the Humax I could bounce the signal off a back wall without problem. And off course make sure you have fresh batteries.

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 5:02:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gilamong2015

Did anyone buy a Replacement?

Mine is giving me problems with some of the buttons i have to press over and over before it responds.

I cant see how i can open the unit so this is the route i was going.

| Tue 18 Aug 2015 13:15:45 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.