My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Problem with remotes

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

glospete

I have a Foxsat HDR and have just bought a HDR-1000S. Installation went well. However we have a lot of recordings on the Foxsat which we plan to watch over the next few weeks/months. I haven't connected the Foxsat to the satellite feed as all new watching and recordings will be done on the 1000S. However I now have a problem with the 2 remotes. Initially they both worked each other but I searched on the forum and found that if I pressed 0 and OK simultaneously I would be given the opportunity to change the code. However every time I tried the screen on the TV said Failed to Change Code Try Again (or suchlike). I tried many times but every time I got the same message. And now the old Foxsat remote won't work at all - neither machine sees its commands. What have I done wrong and how can I retrieve the situation please?

| Sat 5 Apr 2014 12:06:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Firstly make sure the white pvr button on the Foxsat remote flashes red when you press a button, if it doesn't press the white pvr button.

If that's not the issues then try removing the batteries from the Foxsat remote, then hold down a button to discharge any stored energy. Refit the batteries and see if it now works.

Instructions here to change codes.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1

| Sat 5 Apr 2014 12:19:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

glospete

You won't believe this! I did as you suggested but no luck at all - just kept getting the message on screen "Failed changing remote control mode. Try again". I must have tried holding down Zero and OK about 30 times. My wife came into the room and asked what I was doing. I told her, she tried and it worked first time! So now we are all good and neither control interferes with the other. Many thanks Graham.

| Sat 5 Apr 2014 14:40:33 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

glospete - 25 minutes ago  » 
    You won't believe this! I did as you suggested but no luck at all - just kept getting the message on screen "Failed changing remote control mode. Try again". I must have tried holding down Zero and OK about 30 times. My wife came into the room and asked what I was doing. I told her, she tried and it worked first time! So now we are all good and neither control interferes with the other. Many thanks Graham.

Good news

| Sat 5 Apr 2014 15:06:39 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.