My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Problems viewing recorded TV on remote I/P TV over LAN

(49 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Notts Humax Man - 38 minutes ago  » 
    Martin - I suspect that you are right, all the problems I think must be centered on the Router!
    If I were to get a new one what make / model would you recommend?

Did you buy your existing router or did it come from your ISP? If the latter then It might be worth discussing the problem with them and see if they will send you a new router of a different type free of charge. We are with TalkTalk and they are prepared to do this sort of thing.

| Fri 16 Sep 2011 11:16:52 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Martin
    Have tried switching router off & on again several times also resetting but to no avail.
    The router was originally supplied by Talk Talk but that must be some 2 to 2 1/2 years ago.
    Will try as you suggest discuss with them, nothing to loose.
    Thanks for your continued support.
    John

| Fri 16 Sep 2011 20:04:04 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Notts Humax Man - 1 hour ago  » 
    The router was originally supplied by Talk Talk but that must be some 2 to 2 1/2 years ago.
    Will try as you suggest discuss with them, nothing to loose.

I suggest you raise the matter on the TalkTalk members Forum at
    http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37 (that is the Broadband Connection and Stability section). It is monitored by TalkTalk UK staff and I have found them knowledgeable and helpful. I suggest you explain the problem and mention that it has been suggested that the routers UPnP implementation is at the root of your problems and that you would like to try a different router. Don't expect an instant answer as the staff only work 9 to 5, Monday to Friday but I think you will get a better response than by ringing technical support. Good luck.

| Fri 16 Sep 2011 21:46:04 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Well Talk Talk have now supplied me with a new router,
    This time a "D-Link" model DSL-2680.
    Set UPnP to on.
    Connected it up and after some tribulation it worked in a similar manor to the earlier "Echolife 520b" but it still will not allow Humax to Humax Video streaming could still see .JPG files from I/P TV from "one Humax" only, the other still remained "Server not Found" however I know it was switched on and on Humax Settings said "Network Connected" (Strange).
    Found that when on TV Portal (where I could view two iPlayer programmes streaming simultaniously one per humax)via the old ADSL Modem on the new ADSL Modem I could only view one, the opposite Humax just siezed up and froze only way to recover was to switch off the power.
    I have now reverted back to the original "Echolife 520b ADSL modem as this appears to be the lesser of the evils.
    I am needless to say "Disappointed" and basicly I am coming to the conclusion that I am happy with what I have and will live with the limitations. It would be nice to have the "Icing on the Cake" but it's not life stopping. I have Full HD on all 3 TV's. TV Portal on each Humax and I/P TV and recording facilities on both Humax.
    The Humax-Fox T2 is a great machine that offers really usefull features that I know are not supported on similar devices.

Refering to the definition "Servers" in documentation that I have seen it states the the Humax HDR-Fox T2 cannot be a "Server" only a "Client" can this be the source of the problem???

Thanks to all who have taken part in this topic at least it has been an interesting experiance and I think this forum must solve many problems that would otherwise go unresolved.
    John The Humax Man from Nottingham.

| Wed 21 Sep 2011 22:18:58 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Notts Humax Man - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Refering to the definition "Servers" in documentation that I have seen it states the the Humax HDR-Fox T2 cannot be a "Server" only a "Client" can this be the source of the problem???

Which documentation are you reading? The server capability was only added at version 1.00.20 in July. I assume both boxes have 1.00.20 and have the server capability enabled?

| Wed 21 Sep 2011 22:24:32 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Martin - Software on Both Humax are latest 1.02.20
    Where do you set "Server Capability Enabled"
    I have set "Share Content to - "On" FTP to "On"
    John

| Wed 21 Sep 2011 22:31:58 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Notts Humax Man - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Where do you set "Server Capability Enabled"
    I have set "Share Content to - "On" FTP to "On"

Sorry "share Content on" will enable the server capability. Sorry I am out of ideas.

| Wed 21 Sep 2011 22:55:35 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jpr

I have the same problem with a Sony BluRay DLNA client (E370). It can play recordings made from BBC SD channels but not film4 or channel4 (I don't have recordings from other channels to try)

| Tue 13 Dec 2011 11:56:32 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Still not resolved the basic "Streaming" problem, occasionaly the "Homeplug Network" goes down. This is usually solved by either switching the Router off and on again and other times same thing with the Homeplug(s).

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 8:43:21 #49 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.