My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR 8000T

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jellyroll

Since we went digital here in the North West I've resurrected my old PVR 8000T (as I'd lent my 9200T to my mum). With an encrypted file system and only a single tuner it's a pretty closed system, but as far as I am concerned it is the real "original" Humax PVR here in the UK.

Does anyone else still use theirs? I've upgraded mine's internal HD from 80GB to 250GB, and still have the original 80GB drive stored somewhere in case anyone ever figures out how to get my complete Live8 recording off it.

| Sun 10 Apr 2011 11:24:29 #1 |
  2. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

I've upgraded mine's internal HD from 80GB to 250GB, and still have the original 80GB drive stored somewhere in case anyone ever figures out how to get my complete Live8 recording off it.

Does the drive use the same format as the 9200T? If so, perhaps HumaxRW would work (available from our downloads section here).

| Sun 10 Apr 2011 12:14:26 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I still have one in 100% working order, it's installed in the study and has a 160GB drive, The drive was originally in a Topfield 5800 and re-used when I upgraded to 250GB. My first pvr and a complete revelation, no more searching amongst a ton of vcr cassettes

| Sun 10 Apr 2011 12:37:30 #3 |
  4. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Although the filesystem is similar the 9200T, huma[b]xrw won't work...

You are right Jellyroll about the 8000T being the original Humax PVR, and if anyone is going is going to attempt at decrypting scrambled recordings, they should really start with this box...

Unfortunately there aren't many 8000T about...

| Sun 10 Apr 2011 12:50:58 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Mine is still in regular use at a friends' house.

| Sun 10 Apr 2011 15:16:01 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

My 8000 is in daily use in the bedroom but is not 100% reliable nowadays. During boot it has always paused slightly longer at the 80% HDD initialisation point but now it occasionally fails at this point. It then re-starts as if just switched on at the mains, loses the current time and therefore fails to make subsequent recordings.

| Thu 28 Apr 2011 10:12:36 #6 |
  7. JamesE

JamesE

Still in use - especially on a Sunday evening when I need to record three things at once at 9:00 pm. I put BBC1 on it as it is not good at dealing with adverts - using fast forward is a pain after the skip of the 9200 (set at 1m forward, 15 secs back). The remote went awkward so I bought a generic replacement before I dared open up the original to clean its contacts!

| Tue 5 Jul 2011 10:39:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

djwilli

Hi, new to the forum so if in wrong place I apologize. I am looking for a word doc or PDF user manual for the 8000T as I want to give the old girl to my grandsons but have lost mine as not been used for years. Searched Google but no joy so if anyone has one would be grateful if they could email it to me so I can print out for them.

| Mon 8 Dec 2014 19:14:58 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

djwilli - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi, new to the forum so if in wrong place I apologize. I am looking for a word doc or PDF user manual for the 8000T as I want to give the old girl to my grandsons but have lost mine as not been used for years. Searched Google but no joy so if anyone has one would be grateful if they could email it to me so I can print out for them.

Hi welcome to our forum.

Found a couple of sources online.

Example

http://tv.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/humax/pvr8000t.html

| Mon 8 Dec 2014 20:43:11 #9 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

djwilli - 1 hour ago  » 

I have a pdf of the manual but the file is 25MB and won't squirt through my e-mail server. I may have a lower definition version on my computer at work so if nothing has turned up by tomorrow you might still be in luck.

| Mon 8 Dec 2014 21:07:25 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.