My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9150T digital break up on recordings

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pauls

My TV ( Panasonic ) works perfectly and my PVR does most times while watching direct. Most but not all recordings suffer from digital breakup on sound and vision accompanied by cracking noises from the PVR its self. Sometimes it is so bad that a half hour programme lasts only ten minutes. The signal bar shows 80% strength but the quality bar varies from 100% to 40% and all points between constantly.

| Sun 30 Sep 2012 14:11:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pauls - 1 hour ago  » 
    The signal bar shows 80% strength but the quality bar varies from 100% to 40% and all points between constantly.

That is the problem you need to sort out. 80% signal strength should be giving 100% quality. I would start by doing a manual tune using these instructions: Biggles manual tuning. If that doesn't help then I would look very carefully at the cabling; for reasons I have never understood the Humax is more sensitive than other equipment to badly made joints etc.

| Sun 30 Sep 2012 15:47:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pauls

The problem is now sorted. I did everything suggested but to no avail and in desperation went in the loft and disconnected the powered four way splitter, connecting the lounge lead direct to the arial lead, and bingo, a perfect picture on recording. Did a manual re-tune as the link and no longer have any 800 numbers just East Midlands programs. Thanks again for the help.

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 17:21:18 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.