My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR 9200T Recording won't stop

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

evesham

hi guys had my PVR 9200T for donkeys years, I fixed the --:-- clock issue but now some recordings are not stopping on schedule, they just carry on. I manually press stop to cancel the recording, then press ok and it keeps recording, so I have to risk corrupting the drive turning the power off at the back?
    Any suggestions guys?
    thanks

| Wed 3 Dec 2014 21:51:56 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Mine did this last night while recording I'm a Celeb..... and watching in chase play. It was ok until about 9:30 then stopped responding to commands but kept recording and displaying in chase play until I switched it off at the back. It's not the first time it's happened but is ok once re-booted, not allot else you can do.

| Wed 3 Dec 2014 23:29:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

evesham

thanks biggles, no i guess not, but its doing it more and more often these days, might be time for the Hard Drive to die

| Thu 4 Dec 2014 9:59:11 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

evesham - 1 hour ago  » 
    thanks biggles, no i guess not, but its doing it more and more often these days, might be time for the Hard Drive to die

I don't expect the hard drive has anything to do with it, I put it down to more data than the 9200 can cope with but I have no evidence either way. A bit like me really when I put 'allot' when I mean 'a lot'.

If it's happening more and more on your machine I'd suggest a Default Setting just as a good housekeeping measure.

| Thu 4 Dec 2014 11:29:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

evesham

cheers, i'll try a restore to default and do a new channel scan, see how it goes. might just need a new hamster to power the wheel

| Thu 4 Dec 2014 16:36:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

evesham

update: did the default and rescan, all tonights recordings started and finished ok. fingers crossed it continues cheers biggles

| Thu 4 Dec 2014 21:35:24 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

evesham - 1 hour ago  » 
    update: did the default and rescan, all tonights recordings started and finished ok. fingers crossed it continues cheers biggles

One situation that, I think, causes my 9200 to continue recording uncontrollably sometimes is when I do an instant record, extend the end time and then put it into standby. I haven't done any testing on this though, it's just a gut feeling.

Are you aware of the importance of a Manual Search?

| Thu 4 Dec 2014 23:00:34 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.