My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9300T records shows but they won't play

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HGHF

I have owned my 9300T box for a couple of years. It used to work perfectly, but in the past few months it has been playing up. Sometimes it won't turn on with the remote control and I have to turn it off and on again using the switch at the back of the box (it's not the remote control since I've changed the batteries and at other times the remote works fine). Yesterday when I turned the box on it kept saying Please wait and then would keep turning itself off and on again, each time saying Please wait. Also, when it does turn on it takes several minutes to be ready, while in the past it was very quick.

Also, it is recording programmes, which show the full recorded time, but when I press OK to play the programme it shows the Play arrow but then goes to the Stop square, and the programme won't play. When I press OK to try again the box takes me back to live tv. It is inconsistent when it does this since it will record perfectly part of a series while other programmes in the series will show as recorded but won't play.

I've tried retuning the box several times to see if that will "re-boot" it but that hasn't helped. Is their some way I can re-boot it to get it working again?

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 10:58:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

HGHF - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Is their some way I can re-boot it to get it working again?

First thing to try would be a reset to default settings from the Installation menu. This will delete the schedule of future recordings and any reset any other non-standard settings but will retain existing recordings. If that doesn't work then watch any important recordings and then format the disk (which will delete all recordings) from the HDD Control option in the Record Menu.

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 11:11:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HGHF

Thanks, I'll try that.

| Thu 5 Feb 2015 11:22:44 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.