My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Quick[ish] Question - Humax FOXSAT-HDR

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

xcarlx

Ok our old sky box is dying, and I want to try freesat.

We have a sky installation from years back, before HD. I heard that you need two individual cables from your dish to record on SKY+, we only have one.

My question is, do we need another dish to be able to use the Freesat device, can we still record an make use of the simultaneous viewing on a single cable without getting a new installation.

I looked at the back of the Freesat box and it seems to only take one cable but I'm not very knowledgeable with this stuff so please help guys!

Thanks

| Sat 7 Jul 2012 18:58:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

See

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

The Foxsat-hdr can use both tuners on a single cable. All you need is a short length of coax with a f connector on each end. You simply connnect the tuner 1 out to tuner 2 in sockets.

Basically you can record two with some restriction on the second and even view others while recording two. Under the right conditions you can even live pause the 3rd.

Example - You can record BBC-HD and BBC1-HD and watch CH4-HD (and live pause it as well).

| Sat 7 Jul 2012 20:09:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

xcarlx

Thanks Graham, I managed to find one of your earlier posts after asking this, my query is answer.

taa.

| Sat 7 Jul 2012 20:12:12 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.