My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Raydon channel editor list out of date

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobJF

Hi, sorry if this has come up before, I've not been able to find anything on it.

I reinstalled the Raydon 4.1.1 package today having wiped it (or more likely a previous version) off a long time ago -- so long I can't remember why! But it looks like the channel editor list dates from then, it has "BBC HD" on 108, for instance, and I can't see any way to refresh it?

| Sun 13 Apr 2014 17:45:55 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Have you rebooted the Foxsat and logged in again ? That should load the boxes current channel lists.

| Sun 13 Apr 2014 17:49:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobJF

Thanks Graham, and sorry not to have tried that before posting, I did see a reference to rebooting somewhere and should have guessed it was worth a try in this case.

| Mon 14 Apr 2014 9:32:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobJF

I just assumed that would fix it but now having tried it there's an ongoing problem. Each time I reboot the channel list on the box (I haven't checked the one in the editor) goes back to BBC One HD on 108 and BBC HD on 109. Any suggestions?

| Tue 15 Apr 2014 7:13:54 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The channel editor relies on the housekeeping boot to keep track of changes and install changes in your modified copy of the channel list which is then restored at the next non housekeeping boot.

Several methods exist to restore the situation - my suggestion would be to copy the backup file over the update file and reboot and then reapply your changes. Also see the excellent help documentation

| Tue 15 Apr 2014 7:29:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobJF

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » ...my suggestion would be to copy the backup file over the update file and reboot and then reapply your changes...

Call me lazy if you like but I'm just trying to use my time sensibly. I'd prefer not to have to learn more than I really need for this particular task. How about if I return the box to factory settings and reflash with the latest Humax firmware, would that give me a fresh start?

BTW, I'm only trying to get STV HD, which will be on the EPG in a fortnight anyway.

| Tue 15 Apr 2014 8:48:45 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RobJF - 28 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » ...my suggestion would be to copy the backup file over the update file and reboot and then reapply your changes...

Call me lazy if you like but I'm just trying to use my time sensibly. I'd prefer not to have to learn more than I really need for this particular task. How about if I return the box to factory settings and reflash with the latest Humax firmware, would that give me a fresh start?
    BTW, I'm only trying to get STV HD, which will be on the EPG in a fortnight anyway.

If you are using a Scottish postcode then your BBC channel numbers will be different. The changes were made when the BBC1 HD nations channels were put on the epg.

| Tue 15 Apr 2014 9:18:37 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobJF

grahamlthompson - 29 minutes ago  » 
    If you are using a Scottish postcode then your BBC channel numbers will be different. The changes were made when the BBC1 HD nations channels were put on the epg.

My problem is when I reboot I lose the HD versions of BBC 2, 3 and 4 (on top of other differences).

| Tue 15 Apr 2014 9:49:09 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

RobJF - 1 hour ago  » 

The webif documentation is very easy to locate the channel editor Q&A's and doc.

The quick way to solve the problem would be as I described.

You could also:
    Do a freesat tune on the HDR and then using the WebIf channel editor import the settings from the HDR.

or remove the channel editor and then do a freesat tune or the HDR.

| Tue 15 Apr 2014 10:24:56 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobJF

REPASSAC: I'm supposedly subscribed to this thread but only just saw your latest, having (fingers crossed) already solved the problem.

This morning the box had reverted again to the old channel list, with BBC One HD on 108 and BBC HD on 109, for instance, presumably due to the 0300 auto reboot. So I did yet another freesat scan.

Later I decided updating to 4.1.2 was worth a try, so I did that, and following a reboot the channel list is still as it should be, so I'm hoping it will now stay that way! I'm not going to tempt fate by trying to add STV HD to the list, or not right now anyway. (I don't fancy losing my schedule due to a non-freesat scan in any case.)

| Wed 16 Apr 2014 13:51:44 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.