My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Raydon's - "Non-Freesat" to "Freesat"?

(13 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patpending - 14 minutes ago  » 
    so I can record while I'm out! Where are the notes on how to?

Post 2

At the bottom of the scheduled recordings page you should then find a manual recording option for the channels.

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 20:46:36 #11 |
  2. patpending

patpending

OK, via computer. Trying it now.

BTW there seems to be no teletext or programme info on ARD when it is listed under freesat!

OK - I was able to set a timer record using the computer. Evidently when I don't want to do that and want teletext I'm better leaving it in non-freesat...

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 21:41:37 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patpending - 1 hour ago  » 
    OK, via computer. Trying it now.
    BTW there seems to be no teletext or programme info on ARD when it is listed under freesat!
    OK - I was able to set a timer record using the computer. Evidently when I don't want to do that and want teletext I'm better leaving it in non-freesat...

Not sure what you mean. Teletext died a long time ago. Programme info is also part of the Freesat epg.

You do not get any of the bells and whistles that the freesat epg adds on any generic free to air satellite box, merely the capability to watch the actual programme content.

You also have to manually follow any changes to non-freesat channel transponders etc.

The whole point of the Freesat epg (and the Sky one) is that channels that pay to be on the epg have these changes automatically made. If you want to view these channels on any generic fta box, it's down to you to make the required changes.

You seem to assume that somehow being able to watch and record these channels in freesat mode will give you the advantages of channels that carry the freesat epg data. It will not, the data is not present in the data stream from the broadcast, it's only in the freesat epg.

| Wed 19 Mar 2014 23:02:09 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.