My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Reboots when moving recordings

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannyc

I bought a new 2000T a few weeks ago to replace a failing Toppy, but have an odd issue with it.

If the box is recording then if I try and move recordings around, it will reboot. I've reproduced this a couple of times, but it needs me to be moving a few recordings before it reboots - one or two is fine.

This is just moving between folders on the internal drive, and it only reboots if it's recording at the same time.

The box came with firmware 1.02, and I don't see a way to update it.

Anyone else seen the move recordings issue?

Danny.

| Sat 27 Sep 2014 11:52:29 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Can you confirm firmware version, reason I ask is the released version is 1.00.07 - 1.02 is likely to be the version of loader.

Cannot say I have witnessed any reboots, have moved multiple recordings to ext HDD without issue whilst unit recording - if no one else reports same I'll try and replicate later.

| Sat 27 Sep 2014 12:41:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

dannyc - 4 hours ago  » 
    I bought a new 2000T ...
    The box came with firmware 1.02

Is that version number a typo?

| Sat 27 Sep 2014 16:19:08 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannyc

Ah, yes, it's 1.00.07. I'm new to Humax and didn't know which version number to quote.

Only two main problems with the box so far:

1. The random reboots if moving files while it's recording. This is on-going, with no obvious pattern. I'm learning to just don't do it now - and then it's fine. I thought it might be moving folders when the destination has the folder already (I know it doesn't like that and just fails the move, even though it could just move the files in the folder), but the other night I moved one file while recording and it rebooted. Really annoying as it's not easy to see what it was recording so you can manually start them again.

2. The clash detection isn't really bug free as it seems to clash with itself as it schedules new episodes from series recordings. I get one or two a week where the recording says it failed because of a high-priority recording. And if you look at the schedule you can usually see where it's got three things scheduled to be recording at once - and have to manually sort it out for it.

Danny.

| Sun 12 Oct 2014 9:11:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dannyc

Ah, I see there's knew firmware from a day ago, and one of the fix items is working on reboots with content sharing on. I have content sharing on.

I've installed the new firmware and turned off content sharing. I'll see how that goes.

Danny.

| Sun 12 Oct 2014 14:21:47 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.