My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Recognizing Dongle

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rasthem

I'm new to this Forum, have searched but am unable to find information I need!
    Trying to connect to WiFi, I have used a usb Flash drive O.K. so deduce that the physical connection is fine. When I plug in my WiFi dongle and get to the menu to set up the Configure wiFi is 'greyed out'. I tried two different dongles and get the same result. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 11:34:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rasthem - 1 minute ago  » 
    When I plug in my WiFi dongle and get to the menu to set up the Configure wiFi is 'greyed out'. I tried two different dongles and get the same result.

Do you realise that you must use a dongle with a specific chipset (Ralink RT3070) as the Humax only has a driver for that particular chipset. You can either buy a dongle from Humax or the most common cheaper alternative is the the Edimax EW-7711UAn. Many people find Homeplug adapters less troublesome than WiFi.

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 11:42:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rasthem

Thanks Martin. I am aware that I need a dongle with Ralink RT3070 chipset. I am trying to use one suggested on Wiki.Hummy.TV "LED light Mini 150M USB 2.0 Ralink RT3070". and reported to work. I contacted Humax but got no useful advice.

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 13:17:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

have you completely powered off the Humax?

put the Humax into standby, wait/listen for the disk to stop, power off at plug (disconnect from mains) wait 30 seconds, plug the dongle in, power back on again.

If that doesn't help then a factory reset, no format, you'll lose your list of programmes to record (schedule) so take a note or picture with camera phone. tablet etc.

I agree with Martin and many others, homeplugs are much better. Let us know how you get on.

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 13:40:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

rasthem - 4 hours ago  » 
    I am trying to use one suggested on Wiki.Hummy.TV "LED light Mini 150M USB 2.0 Ralink RT3070". and reported to work.

Just tried one of those "LED light Mini 150M USB 2.0 Ralink RT3070" on my HDR-2000T which hasn't been connected to LAN for a week or two and if connected would be connected by ethernet cable. Worked first time without any power off needed.

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 17:42:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rasthem

Thanks for the information thus far. I remain puzzled by this problem. I've used a Belkin WiFi dongle to connect a computer in another room which worked OK. I've contacted the supplier who assures me that "we have sold many of this item ,
    all of them have been checked before left factory ,so the quality should be fine ,"

I'll continue to investigate and report back in a couple of days.

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 18:56:55 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rasthem - 59 seconds ago  » I remain puzzled by this problem. I've used a Belkin WiFi dongle to connect a computer in another room which worked OK.

So what happens if you plug the dongle you tried with the Humax into a PC? What driver does it load?

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 18:59:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rasthem

On my Win 7 computer having plugged in the "LED light Mini 150M USB 2.0 Ralink RT3070" dongle I get a message saying 'no driver found' I was supplied with a disc containing drivers for this dongle but I do not understand how I can use this with the Humax.
    I have a good WiFi signal and I've even tried the dongle on an extension cable to get it close to the BT Hub (without success!)

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 19:10:47 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Drivers are built into the boxes firmware. Disk is only provided so you can use the dongle elsewhere if you wish. If this box is the same as earlier models then WiFi settings will remain disabled if there is a network cable plugged into the Ethernet port. Do you have it connected via wired network at present?

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 19:47:16 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rasthem

No, I've not, or ever, had an ethernet cable connected

| Fri 30 Jan 2015 20:01:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.