My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

recording clash

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dronie01

Hi Hello I have just registered.
    My problem is I have an HDR 1000s Fresat freetime Humax Time after time when recordings start an error message shows sayingthe program to record clashes press ok to watch or cancel.
    Nothing is clashing because I check. Can anyone help please.

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 7:52:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I'd imagine there is only one lnb connected correctly or it has been setup/installed with only one lnb originally.

Take a quick look at the FAQ's:
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/tuner-signal-strength-indicators

make sure both tuners are working, if they're not then one of the cables may have become loose, switch off at mains/plug and check connections.

Failing that, the usual in order, make sure the latest software is on the humax, power cycle the humax i.e switch off at mains and switch back on again, factory reset without format

p.s. welcome

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 10:48:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dronie01

Hi Damian
    Thanks No I have two cables from my dish direct to my box.
    The main problem is a record problem I have switched the mains off
    but the factory reset will not happen.

Again thanks.

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 11:16:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

dronie01 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Damian
    Thanks No I have two cables from my dish direct to my box.
    Again thanks.

can you record bbc1 HD and watch CBS action or basically record any vertical channel and watch a horizontal one or vice-versa. Also what do the tuner strength reading tell you.

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 13:16:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

dronie01 - 6 hours ago  » 
    I have two cables from my dish direct to my box.

Did you select the Factory Default option?
    Settings > System Settings > Factory Default

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 17:51:01 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Luke - 16 minutes ago  » 

dronie01 - 6 hours ago  » 
    I have two cables from my dish direct to my box.

Did you select the Factory Default option?
    Settings > System Settings > Factory Default

.... while the unit is NOT r3ecording.

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 18:07:25 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

It would probably be helpful if you could say what it is your trying to record and what your watching at the time.
    Also what does it say at the bottom when you select settings, system information, signal info?

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 18:31:56 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

willythecat

Am l reading this incorrectly, or maybe talking a load of old bull.
    With two input feeds, you can only record one channel at a time whilst watching another.
    Or, you can record two different channels at the same time, but the set must be off/standby.
    The problem you have, me as well, is the time overlap which is really annoying to say the least.
    Let's say you record a program on one channel, ie 19:00 - 19:30, and then another channel from 19:30 - 20:00.
    You would think that you still be able to watch the tv...... WRONG!!!
    Programs overrun a tad so your recordings now become two different recordings, and your watching tv makes it three input signals from just two input cables. Hence the message.
    It usually only lasts for a minute or so, so l just switch my box off, count to 10 and power it back on.
    It's the tv schedulers fault and not the box so if someone has any suggestions???????

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 22:25:05 #8 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I think you are confusing the way satellite TV works with the way terrestrial TV works. And even then getting it wrong. Each feed from the aerial/dish carries a bundle of channels but organised differently. Each bundle of channels only needs one tuner to decode it. Most (all?) PVRs whether satellite or terrestrial can record two channels and allow you to also watch a third although what is available to watch will be limited if the two recordings belong to different bundles of channels.

| Sat 21 Feb 2015 23:24:58 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

willythecat - 3 days ago  » 
    Am l reading this incorrectly, or maybe talking a load of old bull.
    With two input feeds, you can only record one channel at a time whilst watching another.
    Or, you can record two different channels at the same time, but the set must be off/standby.
    The problem you have, me as well, is the time overlap which is really annoying to say the least.
    Let's say you record a program on one channel, ie 19:00 - 19:30, and then another channel from 19:30 - 20:00.
    You would think that you still be able to watch the tv...... WRONG!!!
    Programs overrun a tad so your recordings now become two different recordings, and your watching tv makes it three input signals from just two input cables. Hence the message.
    It usually only lasts for a minute or so, so l just switch my box off, count to 10 and power it back on.
    It's the tv schedulers fault and not the box so if someone has any suggestions???????

See the faq's

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

There is no condition that you cannot watch a 3rd channel while recording two(even with only 1 cable), the choice of what you can actually view is dictated by which two channels you happen to be recording. The channel up/down button will cycle through the available channels. In the special case where both recordings happen to be from the same transponder, and you have 2 cables (eg BBC1-HD and BBC2-HD), any other channel can also be viewed (and also time shifted). If you happen to be tuned to the 3rd channel when the current programme started then you can also record this channel when one of the two ongoing recordings finishes, by simply pressing the instant record button.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 13:20:06 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.