My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Recording failed message

(18 posts)
  1. Archaepon

Archaepon

Hi everyone, I keep getting the 'Recording failed' message and the 'flash' logo on my HD recordings. This is happening infrequently and has no discernible pattern. The recordings are usually made post 8 o'clock. I have tried to record daytime Tv and this has never failed. I have updated the software and done a rescan and manual tune of the box. I have moved the blu ray cables away from the input of the Humax as I read that in a post on here as a 'try out'. My aerial is a new installation and I have had the installer back, his readings are good to excellent across all platforms. I have had at800 to assess whether 4g is interfering. It isn't; the filter has been fitted. Could this be the Humax tuner playing up? I have 2 Humaxs and both exhibit the same problem. Has anyone any ideas?

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 12:14:52 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Do you have multiplexes from different transmitters tuned in (any duplicate channels in the 800s)? This is known to cause errors with AR recording. If you do, either pick the best transmitter and manually tune, or switch to padding rather than AR for recording.

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 15:20:30 #2 |
  3. Archaepon

Archaepon

Thanks for the reply. Apologies: Padding? AR? The rest I understand.

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 16:10:25 #3 |
  4. Archaepon

Archaepon

I have no 800 plus channels listed in the guide.

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 16:30:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Archaepon - 11 hours ago  » 
    I keep getting the 'Recording failed' message and the 'flash' logo on my HD recordings. This is happening infrequently

Have you tried to play these and were they OK to play?
    I get that occasionally and they still play fine.

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 23:49:19 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Archaepon - 17 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the reply. Apologies: Padding? AR? The rest I understand.

AR - Accurate Recording - The main channels have a system of starting and stopping a recording early or late if the broadcast deviates from the scheduled times. The box wakes up 15 mins early to watch for this signal. If you have reception from multiple transmitters it messes up this capability.

PADDING - the box has the capability to look at the schedule times and create extra time at the start and end of the recordings. This disables accurate recording and the box wakes up at the adjusted start time. You still retain series recordings.

Menu - Settings - Preferences - Start Padding Time (OFF - selects AR) and End Padding Time

MANUAL Recordings - Guide - Yellow - New Reservation - OK

Allows you to generate a totally manual recording (or Watch) reservation, including a repeat pattern. Manual recordings don't follow series recordings codes and do not get stored in folders.

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 10:19:11 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Luke - 10 hours ago  » 

Archaepon - 11 hours ago  » 
    I keep getting the 'Recording failed' message and the 'flash' logo on my HD recordings. This is happening infrequently

Have you tried to play these and were they OK to play?
    I get that occasionally and they still play fine.

Usually caused by a preceeding recording overrunning into the start of the second recording where the same tuner is required to make the second. ITV are the main offender as they often extend the AR stop recording into the ads after the actual programme has completed.

This usually only chops a few seconds off the start of the second one and very often loses no actual programme content at all.

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 10:22:53 #7 |
  8. Archaepon

Archaepon

Thanks for the kind replies and explanations. I forgot to mention that the recording usually has some fault in it ie pixellation or freezing. As I said in the first post my aerial/signal/cabling have all been passed as good to excellent and there is no 4g interference. I am suspecting the boxes, though 2 faulty boxes would be really bad luck.
    I will try all the advice given. It is usually operator error!
    Thanks again for the advice.

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 10:36:35 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Archaepon - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the kind replies and explanations. I forgot to mention that the recording usually has some fault in it ie pixellation or freezing. As I said in the first post my aerial/signal/cabling have all been passed as good to excellent and there is no 4g interference. I am suspecting the boxes, though 2 faulty boxes would be really bad luck.
    I will try all the advice given. It is usually operator error!
    Thanks again for the advice.

You may have too strong a signal. Those symptoms can be caused by overloading the tuners. Easy to find out try a variable attenuator and adjust to get the best possible signal quality.

example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/190394311379?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&rlsatarget=&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 10:42:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Archaepon - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I forgot to mention that the recording usually has some fault in it ie pixellation or freezing.

Start at the beginning. Tell us what the signal strength and quality is on the affected channels; one possible cause is that you have too high a signal strength.

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 10:42:55 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.