My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

recordings not in date order

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cj.rees

My series recordings do not appear in date order, even though the option is "Most recent". I have also tried "Still to Watch", "A-Z" and "TV Series". Also installed an earlier software and allowed to auto update the sw.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks

| Sat 18 Apr 2015 12:54:27 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Not sure if you are referring to the order within a series folder or the first level sort sequence only?

The display options you refer to only effect the top level listing

Within a folder it makes a difference if the recording has an episode number in which case the episode number is the main sequence.

Where a programme has several series being transmitted by the same channel and the same Series CRID is used by the broadcaster
    then a confusing mess results.

| Sat 18 Apr 2015 14:08:33 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Are you talking about the series folder order or the order of the episodes within a series folder ?

If the former what episode would you want within the series folder to determine it's order (they would be constantly moving)

Within a series folder the order is inconsistent.

If the episodes carry an episode number then the order is lowest episode number first. Things get very messy when a series crid spans multiple series (Like for instance - Father Brown which recently transmitted 3 series with the same crid, in this case you have 3 episode 1's followed by 3 episode 2 and so on)

If there is no episode number the newest recording is at the top of the list.

As there is no time of recording, unless you remember it can be hard to identify which recording is the oldest when two episodes of a soap without serial numbers is recorded on the same day.

Why on earth Freesat elected for this daft system, heaven knows.

The older Foxsat sensibly orders based on the time and date of the recording and displays both the scheduled times and actual times of the recording.

An emintly more sensible approach in my opinion.

Welcome to our forum.

Repassac beat me to it

| Sat 18 Apr 2015 14:12:07 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Judge for yourself

Attachments

1. FatherBrown.jpg (145.1 KB, 2 downloads) 8 years old
    | Sat 18 Apr 2015 14:22:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cj.rees

The series is Law and Order: UK
    Multiple series, but only episode number shown (and that not always). Also have the older Foxsat which was much better in this regard. I agree, a major regression in my mind. the ssme with no ability for multiple selection for deletion...
    Thanks for the welcome and responses...

| Sat 18 Apr 2015 19:11:07 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.