My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

RED Button I player ITV player not working

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

KatJPaul

Pulled out all power plugs waited a couple of minutes and put back sadly nothing has changed and the 3 things still not working.

So my questions?

What is difference between a factory reset and set up. have done the later a few times.

My HD is 74% full with Olympic recordings and havent figured out how to get them off yet but cannot afford to lose. I know they dont go doing a set up but how are they safe with a factory reset? By its name it sounds like it puts every thing back to zero completely.

I didnt set the Foxsat up originally because it was done by the engineer who installed the dish and TV.

From what you say as I am getting 999 it recognises the post code and am definately get programme updates since I started leaving on stand by, so does this mean my dish has not misaligned?

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 17:33:35 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

KatJPaul

It would be nice to have a replay to my last post!

| Tue 27 Jan 2015 17:33:00 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A factory reset/Default and setup are the same thing. A freesat tune does exactly that. Neither looses recordings however both will loose the recording schedule. Take a digital image of it before.

Getting off recordings can be done via USB, If they are HD they will be encrypted and only playable by the exact unit that recorded them.

Another option for getting recordings off is via the custom firmware - See the massive thread on AV forums - Post 1 is where you want to read. https://www.avforums.com/threads/media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-5.1829374/ Highly recommended.

| Tue 27 Jan 2015 18:49:01 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

KatJPaul - 1 hour ago  » 
    It would be nice to have a replay to my last post!

Missed your post, decorating - yuk. Has your box acquired a IP address from your router ?

Menu - System - Network

If you open a CMD window and type ping xxx.xxx.x.x (your ip address) do you get a response ?

I second Repassacs comment re the Custom Firmware add on. It transforms the Foxsat-hdr into a super pvr.

| Tue 27 Jan 2015 19:25:21 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

KatJPaul

Thank you gentlemen, decorating yuk you are right lol

I dont know if my terminology is at fault but have done a retune under set up ....now when last! I think have done one since my problems and no effect.

I need red button back by beginning of June! So a while to try and get recordings off!

I will read that thread to see if I can get off, dont know if the recordings are HD or not cos think they came mostly from red button. I may have used stuff from there to get the one movie off that I got onto a stick but to get this to play from the DVD I made needs to be retranslated again grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Afraid struggle with abbreviations so what is CMD? and what is pvr......something video recorder?

I gave the Ip info in a post above while you were decorating.

Both Ip addys were same except last number and as have 4 input slots on router could this be why different? I am using wifi on lappy not cable but if it was cable would have to go in one of 3 remaining slots.

| Wed 28 Jan 2015 16:51:41 #15 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

CMD stands for cmd.exe - it provides a "Command Prompt" and it is one of the standard Windows utilities in accessories. You can also simply run it by entering cmd.exe in the input box at the foot of the windows menu - yes the one that prompts search for programs and files.

| Wed 28 Jan 2015 17:02:04 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.