My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Remote codes for SEG TV

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

windyrij

Hi:

Foxsat-HDR 500 GB recorder with RM-F01 (MDB1.3 sticker in battery compartment), TV is SEG Vermont V2.

No problems with controlling Foxsat PVR. I am unable to set up the RM-F01 to control the TV. I have tried all the 3 digit codes in the manual (marked FOXSATHDR/400GB, 20000-00257 on the back), and none of them will switch off the (running) TV, when the third digit is entered.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am obviously missing something!

Thanks a lot, John

| Sat 8 Dec 2012 19:13:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

You say 3 digit codes.

As far as I am aware the Foxsat HDR that uses 3 digit codes is a NON UK version. The UK HDR uses 4 digit codes. From my HDR manual, the SEG (4 digit) TV codes listed are:

0037, 0668, 1037, 0487, 0264, 0218, 0036,
    1437,1163, 1149, 0624, 0362, 0349, 0247,
    0217, 0216,0009

The downloadable full manual (Global English version) has 3 digit codes. The 4 digit code list is available as a an appendix download - see below.

The full 4 digit code lists can be downloaded here:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/support/rcucode/adb1.0/rcucodelist_adb1.0_gb.pdf

Using one of these 4 digit codes will probably resolve your problem.

You appear to have a UK spec HDR, but with a NON UK manual. My paper manual that came with my HDR (320GB version) is printed with the 4 digit codes. Would be interested to know if your 3 digit codes were in the original printed version?

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 13:43:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

windyrij

Hello chrisaff:

Thanks very much for your reply. I don't think that I have got the wrong manual, as:
    (a) the remote has the sticker in the battery compartment for the 3 digit code version.
    (b) when the 3rd digit is entered on the remote, the TV button flashes twice, not when a 4th digit is entered.
    My system is a nominal 500GB , not 320 GB.

So I must be doing something else wrong, as i have tried all 17 codes listed.

Does the Foxsat box as well as the TV need to be switched on?
    Should the remote be aimed at the Foxsat or the TV?

I have also tried the remote with an Acoustic Solutions DVD player, using the 3 digit codes in the Foxsat manual, with no success.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again John

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 16:33:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

It is strange that you have the 3 digit code version. As far as I can recall most of the previous posts I've seen relating to the use of codes have had remotes using 4 digits.

To re-iterate - setting the TV code.
    The remote needs to be pointing at the TV not the Humax.

Are you pressing the WHITE TV button first before entering the codes.

Remember also, that once the code is successfully entered. You have to press the WHITE TV button first before you can use the remote to control the TV functions e.g TV volume. Then to return to normal HDR function you have to press the WHITE PVR button on the remote.

Again, with the DVD. Once the remote has been successfully programmed you have to press the WHITE DVD button first before you can use the remote to control the DVD and press the WHITE PVR button afterwards to return the remote back to PVR function.

Extract from my manual (text amended for 3 digit codes):

1. Select the mode (TV, PVR, DVD, AUDIO) you want to set by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control. The button will blink once.
    2. Keep pressing the button for 3 seconds until the button lights on.
    3. Enter the 3-digit code. Every time a number is entered, the button will blink. When the third digit is entered, the button will blink twice.
    4. If a valid 3-digit code is entered, the product will power off.
    5. Press the OK button and the mode button will blink three times. The setup is complete.
    6. If the product does not power off, repeat the instruction from 3 to 5.
    Note:
    • When no code is entered for one minute the universal setting mode will switch to normal mode.
    • Try several setting codes and select the code that has the most functions.

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 17:05:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

windyrij

Hello Chrisaff:

Yes, I pressed the white TV button and then held it down till it lit up red, before trying to enter the different codes. And the remote was pointing at the TV.

There was a post about the sticker in the battery compartment -
    [url=.. http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/rm-f01-remote-control-new-version ][/url]
    However, the link in this post is for 4 digit codes, not 3.

I have also tried the 3 digit codes for mdb1.2 without success.

One query: after entering the 3 digit code and the TV button flashing twice, can you then enter the next 3 digit code to try, and so on, or do you need to do anything else?

Thanks, John

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 18:54:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

In my second response have a look at item 6 in the list.

What this is saying is that if the first 3 digit code doesn't power down the TV you can try entering the next 3 digit code in the list and keep trying each subsequent 3 digit code until you find one that powers down the TV. Once you find a code that works you press OK to lock that working code into the memory. I would recommend however that you have yourself organised with the list at hand as any excessive delays between tries may take your remote out of programming mode. I believe it is the double flash of the red lamp after the third digit that signifies that the remote is sending the power down test condition to the TV (or other device).

According to the Humax website:
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/rcucodelist.asp

The sticker MDB1.3 is associated with remote models RM-E06, RM-I03U, RM-I02S and uses 3 digit codes. The sticker MBD1.3 is associated with remote models RM-F01, RM-F04, RM-F05 and uses 4 digit codes. Your last post seems to indicate that the RM-F01 may have been updated to the MDB1.3 3 digit code version, which would mean that the information on the Humax site is out of date.

I had a look at the post you included in the last reply. That poster's URL link was wrong. The downloadable 3 digit codes are available here (should be the same codes as your paper manual):
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/support/rcucode/mdb1.3/rcucodelist_mdb1.3_gb.pdf

From what you have written so far, and the fact that you have tried to program the remote for both your TV and DVD player indicates that you may have a remote with an obscure fault.

Do you know any friends / family / neighbours with a Humax so that you could borrow a remote to try again, or try programming your remote on their system. Their system wouldn't need to have a Humax in it. Their TV could be a Sony or a Panasonic or anything for which you have codes listed. Any programming success via such a substitution that you get could give an indication of where a fault, if one exists, can be found. If you can successfully control someone else device then you may have an issue with just SEG and/or Acoustic Solutions products, although this does seem unlikely. If you still can't successfully program a working code for ANY device regardless of make, then that might prove that there is a genuine fault with the remote.

I am at a loss as to what to suggest further, other than ringing Humax tech support (see below). If you can convince them that you are doing everything correctly as per the manual then they may send you a replacement remote.

Product Information & Customer Technical Support

Tel: 0844 669 8800 (UK Customer Helpline)
    Open: Lines open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (Excludes Bank Holidays)
    E-mail: uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk
    (Before sending the E-mail, please refer to the FAQ for existing answers or solutions there)

PS - You could, of course, do what I did and buy a Logitech Harmony. I am using a Harmony One (this has now been superseded by a newer model). My Harmony One is phenomenal and controls up to 15 different devices. It is programmed via an on-line database containing thousands of devices. I use it for 6 different audio visual boxes including my Xbox360.

If you do get a satisfactory resolution to your problem, then please post it here. I'm sure all the forum contributors like a story with a 'happy ending'.

| Mon 10 Dec 2012 19:42:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

windyrij

Hi Chrisaff:

Thank you so much for your reply. I have checked the pdf from the link for the mdb1.3 codes you gave me - same as the codes in my manual.

I have been inputting the 3 digit codes in the way you have described, and the remote is not dropping out of programming mode (TV button staying red), so I think that is not the problem.

I had wondered about a remote fault. I'll see if I can borrow anpther remote from somewhere, or maybe buy a Logitech remote. Watch this space

Many thanks, John

| Tue 11 Dec 2012 10:35:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

John,

One last act of desperation you might try.

Extract below taken from someone else's previous post:

"I'd been having problems with a non-working remote. I managed to speak to HUMAX tech support who gave me this solution.

Switch on your Freesat Box
    Take the batteries out of your remote control
    Point your remote at the receiver on the box
    hold down the standby button on the remote for about 15 seconds
    Put the batteries back in

If all has gone well it should drain all power from the remote and cause it to reset itself."

Maybe the remote has had a glitch in its software. A full power down reset of the remote may help.

Chrissaf

| Tue 11 Dec 2012 12:01:22 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

I always found the Foxsat remote clunky with an illogical layout, and have had much better luck with a One For All URC7960. As the original Foxsat remote has more buttons some of the extra functions I barely ever use (bookmarks, anyone?) are mapped to shifted keys. Also, I've been able to map the SCHEDULE button to the regular GUIDE button so my TSR buffer isn't wiped every time I press it - if I want the regular GUIDE button with the annoying slow EPG download I can press MAGIC then GUIDE, as the MAGIC key is the shift.

Bit tricky to set up but such great results.

| Wed 12 Dec 2012 20:40:45 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

windyrij

Hi Chrisaff:

Sorry about the delay, but I wanted to check the remote with other TVs.

I have a 22" Sharp LCD TV - responds to the remote on some of the codes in the Humax manual.

My son has a 32" Sony LCD TV - as above.

So it's not the remote.

No luck with resetting the remote as you suggested in your last post.

I have tried entering codes from 001 to 400 - no luck.

As I only want to be able to switch the TV on and off, I'll put up with using the SEG remote for that, rather than the hassle of a Harmony remote, which does not have my TV in their database, and I am unconvinced that the learn function would get the Harmony to work.

So thank you very much for all your help.

Anyone else out there got a SEG TV (nothing wrong with them) and if so, what is your experience?

Cheers, John

| Mon 17 Dec 2012 18:34:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.