My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

PeterRushton - 1 hour ago  » 
    Realisticaly Option 3 is the way I'll go for now so can anyone on this foruim tell me how to reset the system ID so I can re-program via PC to get my system software up to date once and for all? Presumably at that point it will keep itself up to date again OTA for future upgrades.

You need to connect the serial port on the Humax to a PC and apply a special file to fix the System ID. You can then apply the firmware update which should greatly improve the behaviour of you box. If you want the special file then please send Barry or myself a Personnal Message with your email address. In my (biased) opinion the easiest way to do the required updates is to use my flash9200 utility. See http://www.tynecomp.co.uk/flash9200.html for a description of the process, the parts needed and a download link. Come back and ask if you need further help.

| Tue 20 Dec 2011 1:02:44 #191 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fredoyster

Re Peter Rustons last point, here is the text of an email I sent to Humax "Customer Service":-

My faith in your Customer Service advisors ability is badly shaken.
    Leaving out the fact that they failed completely to read and comprehend my original email cry for help, resulting in a totally pointless exchange of emails causing extreme frustration for me, they totally failed to pick up on the fact that my system ID was corrupted and that this was the reason for the failure.
    This information had been sent to them in one of the additional emails so is doubly frustrating since the forum I eventually found the answer on picked it up at once, emailed me the fix, and pointed me in the right direction as to how to do it!!
    I did make the comment in my last email to your department that they did not appear to be doing a good job or to understand their own companys' merchandise, which resulted in no further communication at all from them, even when I posted the query again some days later.
    To say I am a dissatisfied customer is to put it politely!

I trust that this is not the normal state of affairs, but feel that, should I need advise in the future, I will search the forum first as being more likely to be of help, and certainly more polite!

Somehow I doubt if it will make any difference!

fredoyster

| Wed 21 Dec 2011 10:50:58 #192 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

eh12

Barry - 1 week ago  » 

davidwms - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Hi again Barry
    Thanks for your quick reply,i have just been told by another engineer the download is happening from 10 AM tommorrow,is this correct?, i presume all that has to be done is to put the box into stby and wait a while.
    regards
    David

Hi David
    See my previous post for link to an up to date list of the OTA's - Humax have booked as many slots as they can.
    Units left in standby overnight should update automatically, otherwise an update can be 'forced' via Menu, Installation, default password is 0000 (four zero's) Software Update.

| Wed 21 Dec 2011 21:44:17 #193 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

eh12

My 9300t isn't responding either. How do I put in the code using the manual buttons for a sytem update (in the one minute it gives me to do this)

| Wed 21 Dec 2011 21:45:49 #194 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

See page 19 of this thread post #129 where I provided link to download instructions.

| Wed 21 Dec 2011 22:24:43 #195 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

eh12

eh12 - 1 hour ago  » 
    My 9300t isn't responding either. How do I put in the code using the manual buttons for a sytem update (in the one minute it gives me to do this)

| Wed 21 Dec 2011 22:54:28 #196 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

eh12

Um, might be being thick here but those instructions say to put in the 0000 code and I can't see that can do this with the buttons on the unit. Remote not working - no red light

| Wed 21 Dec 2011 22:55:42 #197 |
  8. chrisdms

chrisdms

Updated 9150t tonight. Seems to have cured remote problem that I have for months. Thanks

| Thu 22 Dec 2011 0:06:02 #198 |
  9. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

To save trying to read the whole thread for anyone coming to this fresh I have added a couple of links to the first post to relevant posts from Barry and myself with links to DTG and Humax pages. see post #1.

| Thu 22 Dec 2011 11:25:47 #199 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

eh12 - 12 hours ago  » 
    Um, might be being thick here but those instructions say to put in the 0000 code and I can't see that can do this with the buttons on the unit. Remote not working - no red light

If the box is locking before you get chance to input the password, then try this (as at post #103)

1. Unplug aerial
    2. Switch on
    3. Use menu to set automatic update (and an appropriate time if necessary)
    4. Exit menu
    5. Place in standby
    6. Plug in aerial
    7. Wait for the automatic update

As you have a 9300 and the OTA is currently being broadcast, set a time convenient during the Day today, place unit in standby and wait.

| Thu 22 Dec 2011 11:44:53 #200 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.