My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulie

Thanks for the quick response Barry!
    Tried the auto update to no avail, if I was to leave it in standby tonight, will it update automatically

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:14:35 #71 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

blackpudding - 4 minutes ago  » 

wheatey - 10 hours ago  » 
    My remote has suddenly stopped working. If I turn the box off and on again the remote works for a couple of minutes and then dies again. Help!!!

The trick is to power off completely, switch back on and immediately go to the menu, before the remote gives up, and select the software update.

Good advice but to be clear it isn't the remote giving up, it's the Hummy getting its knickers in a twist and being unable to process the commands.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:15:14 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

srussell83

how can you update when the remote isnt working and i cant enter the password as there are no numbers to type in mannually on the box?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:15:32 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

planetvanda

Hello Barry. Thanks for confirming re: power cycle. Correct, nothing at all happens when I press Menu ( or any other button) - I am using the buttons on pvr itself not the remote. I'm assuming pvr hasn't died as it merrily continues to display BBC 1 & the time after each power cycle

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:16:35 #74 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Sarah - Welcome to the Forum

Sorry it has taken a while to respond.

As I understand it you have a 9150 and if so there is no solution until tomorrow when the latest software will be broadcast again from 10 am.

If you use the switch on the rear of the unit to power cycle the unit, and once you get a picture immediately press menu, you should gain some control......however until you have updated the software it will lock up again I'm afraid.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:19:20 #75 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

planetvanda - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Hello Barry. Thanks for confirming re: power cycle. Correct, nothing at all happens when I press Menu ( or any other button) - I am using the buttons on pvr itself not the remote. I'm assuming pvr hasn't died as it merrily continues to display BBC 1 & the time after each power cycle

Sounds like you are not quick enough and it is locking before you get to press menu button.....power cycle, and once you have a picture immediately press the menu button on the remote.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:21:09 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

planetvanda

Ok Barry will try again at greater speed. Have to be up at 5.00am so am going to leave further experiments until the morning. Thank you for your assistance and I think your forum is great.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:27:14 #77 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rim180

Hi Iam new to these forums but been looking for an answer to my parents pvr-9150t box which has stopped working am i right in thinking i can only download the new software after 10 am tomorrow that is if it dose not freeze before I get to update software.Can some one answer please

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:28:35 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Matt - 37 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 2 minutes ago  » 

Matt - 8 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Mat the reason I asked about error messages is they can give a clue, but if you can also answer the sys id question it might be a pointer (sometimes a wrong sys id won't result in an error)

Sorry. The sys ID is 1036.7dbd

That is your problem Matt, sys id is wrong.
    Do you have the facilities to upload via PC, if not I'm afraid a call to Humax Support is your only answer.

I do have a PC that can be linked up to it. Do I need a specific cable? I presume that I can update via PC?

What you need to do is first apply a special update via PC that will fix the System ID and then you can either update via the PC or OTA. I can provide you with the file to update the System ID. The procedure to update using my flash9200 utility is described at http://www.tynecomp.co.uk/flash9200.html

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:29:41 #79 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

srussell83

Barry - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Sarah - Welcome to the Forum
    Sorry it has taken a while to respond.
    As I understand it you have a 9150 and if so there is no solution until tomorrow when the latest software will be broadcast again from 10 am.
    If you use the switch on the rear of the unit to power cycle the unit, and once you get a picture immediately press menu, you should gain some control......however until you have updated the software it will lock up again I'm afraid.

thants ok barry i see that you have been very busy, thank you for your reply, do i just leave in standby all night then is that how it will be fixed?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:30:19 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.