My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Remote control problem

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

beelzebomb

Sorry, but this is shocking - over 40 pages of people with problems due to remotes. I am now suffering the same problem - just hours after receiving a replacement box due to capacitor failure (not being able to turn unit on from standby in mornings).

I despair of modern manufacturing - I can't get a signal showing (why not?) to do a manual software update and in automatic it searches forever, then when on occasion it does find something the "ok" button remains on the screen for just seconds, which is no good to me with a remote that only works virtually pressed up to the damn unit.
    I'm seriously unimpressed with Humax.

| Fri 27 Jan 2012 23:25:57 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

beelzebomb - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry, but this is shocking - over 40 pages of people with problems due to remotes. I am now suffering the same problem - just hours after receiving a replacement box due to capacitor failure (not being able to turn unit on from standby in mornings).
    I despair of modern manufacturing - I can't get a signal showing (why not?) to do a manual software update and in automatic it searches forever, then when on occasion it does find something the "ok" button remains on the screen for just seconds, which is no good to me with a remote that only works virtually pressed up to the damn unit.
    I'm seriously unimpressed with Humax.

If you had read any of the thread other than the title you'd realise that the problem was nothing to do with the remote control, the problem was caused by machines not being kept up to date with their software. Now there have been some problems that were out of the users control but Barry has given plenty of instruction on how to cure the problems. If you have tried to update your software and haven't been successful then it's probably because the software for your machine is not being transmitted at this time, software isn't transmitted continuously.

If you've got problems then tell us what they are, what machine you've got and I'm sure a solution will be forthcoming.

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 0:00:31 #303 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

beelzebomb

Biggles - 10 hours ago  » 

beelzebomb - 27 minutes ago  » 

If you had read any of the thread other than the title you'd realise that the problem was nothing to do with the remote control,

I have in fact read the ENTIRE thread looking for a solution - please replace the word 'due' to 'regarding' in my post (small grammatical error). Problems are as stated, remote not working - unless within a couple of feet of machine & then only with my persistence. Batteries changed to no effect. My system info states that 'update date' is 10 june 2011, loader V - a7.31, software V - FHTCP 1.02.20, syst ID - 80BC.7E00.

Appreciate if anyone can help, but this really is a bad situation for a big company - users should not have to go to these lengths! Much as the the product is great when working, after 2 problems, it's not filled me with much confidence regarding Humax.

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 10:45:47 #304 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

This thread does not relate to your machine which I believe is a HDR-FOX T2, this thread relates to the 9150 and 9300 machines not having their software kept up to date.

With regard to your remote control problem I did discover a while ago on all my Humax machines that the remote did need to be directed at the machine before a button is pressed.

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 11:23:06 #305 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

beelzebomb

Thanks for you reply. It's worse than just directing the remote. Guess it's another replacement unit - 2nd in a week. Well done Humax quality control.

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 11:58:15 #306 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Not sure I have seen any complaints before re the HDR T2 remote.

Have you removed the protective film from the front of the unit?

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 12:47:09 #2 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

beelzebomb

Hi, yes the film has been removed. I turned unit off for few minutes & the problem seemed to go away, but returned after a short time. The remote only works, sluggishly, inches from the unit.

EDIT: I have just programmed in a universal remote to recognise this unit - same problem, only works inches from the actual unit.

| Sat 28 Jan 2012 15:39:06 #3 |
  8. Admin

Admin

administrator

The following posts have been moved to here: http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-control-problem

| Thu 2 Feb 2012 20:37:48 #1 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ajax

Barry - 3 weeks ago  » 
    Welcome to our Forum
    Not sure I have seen any complaints before re the HDR T2 remote.
    Have you removed the protective film from the front of the unit?

Well I certainly get problems with my HDR Fox T2 remote.

A few weeks after new last August it stopped responding to the remote at random times. Persistent button pressing would eventually get a response and all would be well for a while, but the problem would return.

Eventually I replaced the batteries and everything was fine for a couple of months and it has now begun to show the same symptoms.
    Often just holding down a button, mostly the volume setting, will unlock it until the next time . But the problem is slowly getting worse as before. Another change of batteries then?? Does it eat batteries? I've seen this with a remote on a video recorder before.

My Panasonic TV still responds ok so it's something between the PVR and remote.

| Wed 22 Feb 2012 17:38:26 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.