My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Removed terrestrial aerial and got PVR troubles

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

There are two sizes of f-plug. The smaller diameter is designed for SKY shot-gun cable (twin in one), the larger for normal single co-ax. Make sure you have the correct size for your cable. As stated, the plug should screw on with some force behind it.

| Fri 5 Dec 2014 19:31:51 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Thanks all! Definitely not shot gun!

| Fri 5 Dec 2014 20:44:38 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cerclebois - 13 hours ago  » 

There is also more than one size of standard coax, low loss, RG6 and similar is slightly smaller than WF100/PF100. If you use f plugs designed for the older cables they are slightly loose and easily displaced.

If you have wallplate outlets then I would make up some interconnects from WF100 cable.

| Sat 6 Dec 2014 10:27:03 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

The problem seemed to have gone, but the incidences of no or bad signal do come up when the PVR's clock is showing in the run-up to commencement of recording. Then no fiddling produces a signal; including order of powering up TV or PVR; source switching or power recycle at the wall. Until relative can assist I have used some parcel tape to help anchor F connectors to cable.

Puzzled!?!

| Thu 11 Dec 2014 12:32:58 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Whitemonk

grahamlthompson - 6 days ago  » 

cerclebois - 13 hours ago  » 

There is also more than one size of standard coax, low loss, RG6 and similar is slightly smaller than WF100/PF100. If you use f plugs designed for the older cables they are slightly loose and easily displaced.
    If you have wallplate outlets then I would make up some interconnects from WF100 cable.

I'm a septugenarian and don't enjoy making interconnects anymore. I get made up leads from Satcure now. They use correct size connectors on good quality cable - a no-brainer for me!

| Fri 12 Dec 2014 15:29:15 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.