My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Royal Wedding Recordings

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Intriguing problem (One For Raydon )

I recorded the Royal Wedding from both BBC1-HD and ITV1-HD Granada using non-freesat mode giving two recordings of around 16-17GB or so.

Copied the two recordings to a EXT3 USB drive intending to edit both to produce a highlights recording using the H264 version of Videredo TV Suite and use AV2HDR to replace the overlong files. To achieve this attempting to transfer the .ts files to a ntfs drive on my laptop

Tried the following

Connected the drive to a PC using EXT2FSD. Mounted the drive, opened two windows explorer windows and attempted to copy the files to the NTFS drive.

Got the following error

Could not find this item. This is no longer located in H:\Video\Royal Wedding (this is the folder I created to copy the files to). Verify the items location and try again.

An attempt to rename the .ts file produced the same response.

Booted the PC into Ubuntu 10.10 and tried the same transfer, again Ubuntu failed to transfer objecting to the non standard characters in the file name. File renaming is also not offered as an option.

Any ideas ?

The recordings incidentally play from usb without problem.

| Sat 30 Apr 2011 17:47:34 #1 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

It's not the 'i7' character - is it?

You can rename using '*name', e.g. 'sudo mv *wedding.ts wedding.ts' (using ubuntu).

In your case 'sudo mv *Royal\ Wedding.ts Royal\ Wedding.ts'.

| Sat 30 Apr 2011 18:53:10 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Thanks son-t will give that a whirl tomorrow.

| Sat 30 Apr 2011 18:56:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Still stuck - remember it's an ubuntu dummy here.

Usung ubuntus GUI the 1TB drive partition with the recordings in is called 997 GB File System and the recording files are in the Video\Royal Wedding Folder. (it's connected by usb as having problems accessing using esata)

The destination ntfs volume is mounted as data

How do I find the linux device names, trying to use the terminal I can't find out how to actually change to the appropriate drive and folder to just use the dir command let alone rename

The recording names using the ? for the wierd character) are The ?Royal Wedding? 20110429_0959. and The ?Royal Wedding? 20110429_1000. for the ITV and BBC versions respectively

| Sun 1 May 2011 9:03:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Hi Graham,
    You could maybe try using Nautilus with elevated priveleges, 'sudo nautilus' fom the command line. See if that gives you the rename option when you right click on the file.

| Sun 1 May 2011 10:24:03 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Raydon, many thanks for the suggestion. Sadly I got the following response (hpoe it means more to you than me

graham@ubuntu:~$ sudo nautilus
    [sudo] password for graham:
    Initializing nautilus-gdu extension

** (nautilus:1727): WARNING **: Failed to get the current CK session: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.GeneralError: Unable to lookup session information for process '1727'

(nautilus:1727): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
    Nautilus-Share-Message: Called "net usershare info" but it failed: 'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare: cannot open usershare directory /var/lib/samba/usershares. Error No such file or directory
    Please ask your system administrator to enable user sharing.

(nautilus:1727): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Missing callback called fullpath = /root/.config/user-dirs.dirs

| Sun 1 May 2011 10:44:41 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

Gobbledegook to me too. Must be something strange with your Ubuntu install as it works fine for me. Can you get Nautilus to browse to the file using normal method. 'Places/Computer' from the drop down menu. That works for me with standard files, and gives right click rename option. Unfortunately I don't have a non-freesat recording with the offending characters to try it on. You could logout and log back in as root and see if that makes any difference.

| Sun 1 May 2011 11:05:34 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Thanks Raydon, got a bit further by teaching ubuntu to dance (installed Samba :-))

Error message now only says

graham@ubuntu:~$ sudo nautilus
    [sudo] password for graham:
    Initializing nautilus-gdu extension

** (nautilus:2080): WARNING **: Failed to get the current CK session: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.GeneralError: Unable to lookup session information for process '2080'

(nautilus:2080): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

The gui file browser now looks a bit different when simply clicking on the drive icon so somethings different. Rename not offered as an option though.

Off back to ubuntu to try your other suggestions

Cheers

Graham

| Sun 1 May 2011 11:37:07 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sorted at least as far as getting the renamed file onto a ntfs partition. The problem seems to be access to the root user is more tightly controlled in ubuntu 10.10.

Had to specify a root user password seperately too the one used for initial install using

sudo passwd root

and then

Sudo passwd -u root

I was then able to log on as root and remame the file. Once remamed it's transferrable with a normal login

Thanks Raydon and Son-t for useful suggestions. Now to see what VR and AV2HDR makes of the file

| Sun 1 May 2011 12:37:49 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bit more info please. I edited all three ITV recording filenames to RoyalWeddingITV.

Now of course they won't play on the hdr from the archive drive presumably because the .hmt file does not now reflect the new filename.

Is it easy to edit the .hmt file to reflect the new name or do I have to run the whole file through AV2HDR to rebuild the .hmt and .nts files ?.

Thanks

Graham

| Sun 1 May 2011 12:59:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.