My Humax Forum » Forum Site » Site Issues / Problems

RSS feed missing text

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

For the last few days the RSS feed has no longer included the text of the post, just the title, author and date/time. The problem seems to have started overnight last Thursday/Friday 28/29th. The forums I receive by RSS are "9150T, 9200T, 9300T" & "FOXSAT HDR". I've unsubscribed and re-subscribed to those but still no text.

I use Firefox and the Brief addon. I'm not aware of any changes I've made, and feeds from other sites seem to be working normally. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?

| Tue 2 Apr 2013 9:14:45 #1 |
  2. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

I will look in to this. We had a server and forum software update on the 29th March. This might have broken the RSS feed.

However, the forum update has provided a subscription facility, so now all members can subscribe to any topic to get replies via email.

| Tue 2 Apr 2013 14:21:36 #2 |
  3. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

Just installed Brief 1.6.2 add-on to my Firefox 12.0. MyHumax.Org Forum RSS feed seems OK to me:

Attachments

1. brief.png (75 KB, 6 downloads) 11 years old
    | Tue 2 Apr 2013 14:43:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

Rather than it seeming OK, the image shows the problem perfectly :D.

There's no text in any of the posts: there should be, and there used to be.

| Tue 2 Apr 2013 15:50:40 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Test present in source and all fine in IE10.

| Tue 2 Apr 2013 15:57:51 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

For comparison with Super Admin's image, here's what the feed used to look like before the upgrade.

Attachments

1. ScreenShot001.jpg (99.1 KB, 3 downloads) 11 years old
    | Wed 3 Apr 2013 10:12:49 #6 |
  7. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

All I can suggest is that Brief is not compatible with the new forum software.

Also, Brief has not been updated since May 2011, so looking for another RSS add-on might be necessary...

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 13:45:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

v1.6.2 of Brief was released on 28 Jul 2012 and it presently works fine for all feeds except MyHumax.

I have looked at other readers but not found one which looks and works as well as Brief. If anyone has other recommendations I'll happily give them a try.

| Wed 3 Apr 2013 14:51:44 #8 |
  9. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

I examined the old site's RSS code and compared it with the update site. No differences in the code, so it must be Brief!

I found bamboo works with MyHumax.Org's Forums: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bamboo-feed-reader/?src=search

Attachments

1. bamboo.png (230 KB, 2 downloads) 11 years old
    | Thu 4 Apr 2013 14:43:16 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alan White

Many thanks for investigating. I'd seen Bamboo but it has a small userbase and the recent reviews weren't good so I didn't test it. I'll take a closer look.

I've also set up the feeds in Thunderbird as I use that for email. The feeds work fine in there, except that CR/LF seem either not to be present or not interpreted correctly by Thunderbird because each message is one block of text, making long messages hard to read.

On a related note, is the feed for the FOXSAT HDR forum working at present? It was fine yesterday but Thunderbird can't verify it at the moment.

| Fri 5 Apr 2013 10:42:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.