My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Sat PVR that archives on PC

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ajt22

Hi,

I’m looking at purchasing a new Humax box to replace an old Sky receiver. Humax have also, to my mind anyway, had a decent reputation and so I think I’ve decided on one of their models rather than the cheaper Icecrypt.

A lot of the features really appeal to me, Iplayer, decent EPG, FreeSat+ (?) Freetime etc and possibly and possilby an internal hard drive.

However I’m really wanting something that will record to USB pen (or copy from HDD to USB Pen) and that I can play back on another tv/computer from USB pen drive. If possible, I need to know the format (.ts? mp4 etc). Single tuner is fine.

I’ve had a look through the web and I’m a bit unsure on which of the Humas Satellite receivers will achieve this and was looking for advice. If the boxes don’t do this by default would the custom firmware allow it (and again which one would you recommend?)

Thanks very much.

ajt

ps I have read the Foxat HDR may meet my main requirements, but I was hoping for something I could purchase new (rather than from Ebay)

| Thu 16 Oct 2014 23:57:14 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Freetime units don't allow exporting of recordings. Afaik only the Foxsat-hdr has the capability you want.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 9:42:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ajt22

OK, thanks f0r the reply. I'm off to look at Ebay

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 18:50:43 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ajt22 - 12 minutes ago  » 
    OK, thanks f0r the reply. I'm off to look at Ebay

https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/Direct/Prod/572a3dde-7f0e-4038-be35-48a29a31d898

The HD is easy to upgrade to 1TB.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 19:03:40 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.