My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Scaredy Cat!

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Strathspey

I have been advised by humax support that there is no way for me to "back-up" recordings on my disc, which is sometimes missing recordings and has a whirring noise, and now has no display on the front. The solution is apparently to perform a factory reset. I am reluctant to do this without knowing I will not lose the recordings stored on the disc. Seemingly the software prevents any transfer to usb. Am I worrying needlessly? I am completely non-tekkie and have only ever used Apple software, never any PC.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 21:29:49 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

A factory reset will not delete any recordings.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 21:48:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It will only delete the "Planned Recordings" list. Make a note (or take a photo) so you can set them again after the reset.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 22:01:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Strathspey

Before I embark on this scary task can I ask another question? We have STV as our region and they have no equivalent of itv player for catching up on missed programmes / failed recordings. Last week we used the iPad via the Apple TV to watch a missed recording. Can I add in another region and be able to do this via the tv yet still use my postcode to get all my programmes set up?

| Sat 25 Oct 2014 17:03:58 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.