My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Set not responding - stuck

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roger1

My new system did work ok but now does not respond to the remote control. It is stuck on BBCHD only. Any help would be appreciated.

| Sun 25 Nov 2012 9:39:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Roger1 - 1 minute ago  » 
    My new system did work ok but now does not respond to the remote control. It is stuck on BBCHD only. Any help would be appreciated.

When you press a button on the remote, is the PVR button flashing red? If it is one of the buttons then press the PVR button.

| Sun 25 Nov 2012 9:43:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

widlof

This is the nearest thread I can find to the problem I have. Since buying my 1000s 5 months ago i have been using an old Humax remote control (RM-F04) as are many other users in order to allow control of my TV from the same remote. This morning the PVR stopped responding to the remote so I dug out the original unused remote. I have the same problem with this too. The only buttons that work are:- Power, Mute, Vol+, Vol-, Text and the four coloured buttons. I can only change channels using the buttons on the front of the PVR. This must be a problem within the PVR as both remotes including the new unused one do not work. I have tried pressing 2580 to reset the cache but no response to this either.

| Sun 22 Sep 2013 16:50:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

widlof

NO RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION AFTER 10 WEEKS?

What a great help this forum is.

Pathetic!

| Thu 28 Nov 2013 22:25:02 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

widlof - 2 hours ago  » 
    Pathetic!

You posted in a year old thread in the wrong section of the forum and are the surprised about the lack of response?

| Fri 29 Nov 2013 1:06:34 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

widlof - 3 hours ago  » 
    Pathetic!

Question, what question? Your previous post is surely just a statement.

| Fri 29 Nov 2013 2:21:12 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thanks Martin and Biggles.

With an attitude like that you won't get much sympathy, however in an effort to help have you could try the default file which will reset your unit to factory condition:

Bottom file on this page - http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

| Fri 29 Nov 2013 9:58:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Edit: Comment deleted by poster as I misread posts.
    But in my defence the cause was post #3 beng so out of context with the year old HD-FOX question.

| Sat 30 Nov 2013 1:10:14 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

widlof

I posted in the most relevant place I thought and if not, a friendly pointer in the right direction might have been useful.
    Is there a more relevant thread I should have used? If so please point me there now.
    I searched for a problem that was similar to mine and posted my comment in the most relevant.
    Can someone explain what possible relevance the fact that it's an old thread has? surely it comes to the top again and might then get fixed.
    My latest comment of complaint certainly wasn't relevant to the subject but somehow managed to elicit four responses in 24 hours. Kind of reinforces my point don't you think?
    I run my own forum and actively encourage members to post in an existing discussion first, otherwise you end up with hundreds of discussions about the same subject which makes it impossible for anyone to find an answer to their problem.
    For anyone to defend ignoring someones problem for ten weeks defies belief.
    The only explanation is that there is no known fix so where does that leave me?
    The unit is in the loft at the moment so I will try the only sensible reply I've had (default) when I get a moment. (Thank you Barry)
    I will report the results in the correct thread when someone lets me know which one that is.

Finally I apologise for my blunt comment, it was made in a moment of extreme frustration following the failure of my only backup (a Freesat STB)

| Sun 1 Dec 2013 12:18:58 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

widlof - 1 hour ago  » 
    For anyone to defend ignoring someones problem for ten weeks defies belief.
    The only explanation is that there is no known fix so where does that leave me?

I don't own a 1000S so couldn't offer useful information. By not posting in the 1000S section of the Forum I guess a lot of the 1000S owners missed your post.

| Sun 1 Dec 2013 14:01:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.