My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Settting TV to default to HUMAX Box

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

keppy2013

Hi
    Just purchased Humax HDR-Fox T2
    All installed and working /recording / playing back etc etc
    Just one annoying prob but probably not caused by the FOX T2.

When i previously had sky box and i switched on the tv the tv Sony Bravia 32v2000 would default to its own freeview channels and if i pressed the sky button on the sky remote it would change to the sky programs etc.....
    So now i have the PVR FOX T2.... When i switch on the tv it defaults as before to the Sony tv stations ..... what do i press to enable the Humax box.......... press something on the Humax remote control or are there settings within Sony or settings within Humax to make it an automatic selection to go to the PVR ?

A work around at present is by going into the Sony settings and choosing external imputs and then choosing the Humax AV option ..

Any help would be appreciated
    Cheers
    Keppy

| Sat 12 Oct 2013 15:58:15 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi and welcome to the forum. The supplied remote is normally capable of controlling your tv by first pressing the white tv button. The codes and instructions for setting. this up for your tv are in the manual

| Sat 12 Oct 2013 16:59:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

keppy2013

HI Graham,
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Assume you mean the TV button next to the PVR button at the top of the remote ? and then enter the 3 digit code in respect of my Sony tv set ? There are 15 different codes shown in the manual for Sony , is it just a matter of trial and error which code is accepted ?

Are you then suggesting that once a code is accepted i just press the tv button on the handset and the tv will change to the freeview channels via Humuax and not the tv's channels .
    Cheers
    keppy

| Sat 12 Oct 2013 19:18:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

keppy2013

HI
    Further update .
    Managed to set the tv code ok on the hadnset and it does power the tv off , yet from scratch it doesnt switch to the pvr..... always have to choose the av4 outlet on the tv settings .....
    ANYWAY from initital switch on that the pwr remote can switch the tv over to the fox pvr ?
    THANKS
    Keppy

| Sun 13 Oct 2013 14:54:38 #4 |
  5. brian

brian

special member

Does your TV not turn on to the last channel or AV input used? Many TV's will do this, so if you use your HDR-FOX T2 for all of your normal TV viewing, your TV will come on with the correct AV input selected. This is certainly how my Samsung TV works.

| Sun 13 Oct 2013 15:18:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

keppy2013

HI,
    Unfortunately not , the tv is a Sony Bravia 32v2000 and about 7 years old now but still a decent tv.......
    It always defaults to its own tuner on start up .
    When i had sky attached all i had to afterwards was hit the sky button on the sky handset and it would change to the sky box.
    I now have to go into the sony settings and choose the AV for the humax box..... not that difficult but of course annoying.
    Cheers
    Keppy

| Sun 13 Oct 2013 16:12:03 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

This nay be connected with the startup sequence.
    Assuming the PVR and Sky unit are using the same connection method (I presume SCART?) then I would expect to power on the TV and then power on the T2 after a few secs. The TV should see the T2 come alive.

| Sun 13 Oct 2013 16:18:04 #7 |
  8. brian

brian

special member

Was your Sky box connected via Scart? If you were to connect your HDR-FOX T2 via Scart, it would probably auto switch your TV, but the picture quality would be slightly inferior to that available via the preferred HDMI connection.

| Sun 13 Oct 2013 16:22:51 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

keppy2013

HI
    I did have the sky box connected via HDMI and SCART Not sure what it worked on ?
    When i removed the sky box and installed the hdr fox-t2 i just used the HDMI...... should i try Just the SCART or maybe both ?

Cheers
    Keppy

| Sun 13 Oct 2013 16:43:24 #9 |
  10. brian

brian

special member

You could try just the Scart with the Humax, and see if it auto switches your TV to the correct input. Also, see if you can detect a slight reduction in picture quality.

| Sun 13 Oct 2013 16:55:17 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.