My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Signal problems

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hi,

I've upgraded from a HUMAX HDR-FOX T2 Freeview HD Recorder to a HUMAX DTR-T1000 YouView Recorder and am having some signal problems.

Previously, I haven't had any problems with reception. I live in a block of flats where each one has a TV aerial socket providing Freeview HD.

My new YouView box seems to be quite temperamental. Programs (especially on HD channels) go blocky for a few seconds (<1 minute) every 10-15 mins and occasionally disappear altogether with an error message. When I look at the settings page, the Humax continues to say 80% signal strength but the signal quality drops from 100% to 0-50%.

I've tried restarting, changing the aerial cable, retuning, and unplugging other nearby devices (a DVD player) that might have been causing interference.

The only thing that seems to fix it is switching back to my old Humax box. The TV (using the aerial passthrough through the Humax) seems to be unaffected.

Is this a known fault on the YouView box? Is it faulty? Is there anything else I could try to fix it? Any other suggestions?

Many thanks.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 18:16:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

1806 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've upgraded from a HUMAX HDR-FOX T2 Freeview HD Recorder to a HUMAX DTR-T1000 YouView Recorder and am having some signal problems.

I don't think everybody would agree that it is an upgrade but each to their own. Sorry I don't have an answer to your question. Might help the DTR-T1000 experts if you state the software version.

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 19:23:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Manufacturer software 9.5.0
    Component software 1.2.6
    Platform config 312
    ISP config 1

| Tue 15 Jan 2013 20:19:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Well, we ended up returning the Youview box in question and its replacement doesn't seem to have any problems.

Thanks anyway.

| Thu 17 Jan 2013 15:16:58 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.