My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Sky Sports 1 and 2 now on BT TV Youview

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

BT TV will offer Sky Sports 1 and 2 on its YouView boxes effective immediately, following its successful application for interim relief at the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
    The news means that BT TV will be able to enhance its sports channel line-up on YouView boxes, adding Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 to its existing offering of BT Sport, ESPN and the Eurosport channels, and giving viewers the option to add an extended range of Barclays Premier League football games.
    BT confirmed that it is now able to stop selling its Vision+ set top boxes altogether – previously BT customers who wanted Sky Sports had to take the Vision+ box.
    BT will offer Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 for £22 a month or £16.50 a month for one or the other of the channels, allowing customers to opt in and out of the Sky Sports channels with 30 days’ notice....

http://advanced-television.com/2014/12/16/bt-tv-launches-sky-sports-on-youview/

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 0:16:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

So at last BT can begin to phase out the Vision boxes and gradually get all users onto YouView.

Except...what will they do about the EE box? Six tuners is awfully attractive to users, but technically the box seems way behind YouView - doesn't seem to do multicast - BT's prize baby. Is it worth the continuation of the multi-box hassle?

If I was BT I would be inclined to write it off. But BT moves in mysterious ways, so who knows?

| Wed 17 Dec 2014 0:53:30 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.