My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update Jan 2014

(242 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

truckerbob

Hi,
    I too have got the same problem (no pause, rewind etc.of live TV). Pause and rewind work if watching the channel I'm recording but only back to the point of pressing record. I am reluctant to format the hard drive and lose some of the recordings yet to watch but....
    Having to do this with a device boasting "Pause and Rewind live TV" as one of its main features is to say the least poor. The machine may be less than 18 months old but the concept has been around for quite a few years for Humax to have solved such problems and to prevent this happening in the first place. Very sloppy programmers at both Humax and Freesat...

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 18:09:00 #151 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's the locked down nature of the G2 spec that complicates the issue. The same thing can happen on a Foxsat-hdr, on this box it's easily solved by forcing the box to use a different area of the hard disk for the time shift buffer file.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 18:14:48 #152 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ratters

Thanks Pollensa,

I'm going to leave it another couple of days before thinking about reformatting. Totally agree with truckerbob, this is a poor show from Humax/Freesat as the pausing live tv facility is a major feature and the bug needs fixed. I don't see why I should lose all my recordings to regain a basic facility that the Humax box already has.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 20:04:24 #153 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dar2008

grahamlthompson - 7 hours ago  » 
    Same for me as well.

Regarding the YouTube no sound when launching the streaming whilst an HD channel issue...

That's 3 of us that have tried and posted the same results. How to we advise this to Humax so that it can (hopefully) be addressed in a future update?

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 20:33:20 #154 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

dar2008 - 8 hours ago  » 
    The YouTube streaming is working great to the FreeTime box, however I think I've found a bug...
    If the FreeTime box is on a non-HD channel when I start streaming, everything works well.
    If the FreeTime box is on a HD channel when I start streaming, the picture is fine, but if I get no sound at all on any YouTube videos.
    My FreeTime box is HDMI'd through my Pioneer Amp with the picture passing on to the Samsung screen, so I don't know if this issue would still occur without an amp in the chain.
    Can anyone else test / confirm my results - no YouTube sound when launching streaming having been on a HD channel?

. This doesn't happen with my HB-1000S. Box was tuned to BBC2 HD when I started streaming. I tried it both with the TV speakers and with my amp. Sound was normal in both cases.

Edit. My freetime box is connected by HDMI directly to the Samsung TV, with the amp receiving sound via the TV rather than via the freetime box. I guess that could be why I'm not seeing this problm.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 20:47:55 #155 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

truckerbob

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    It's the locked down nature of the G2 spec that complicates the issue. The same thing can happen on a Foxsat-hdr, on this box it's easily solved by forcing the box to use a different area of the hard disk for the time shift buffer file.

Hi,
    Surely the programmers at Humax could incorporate a check disc partition and repair module as part of the system software to prevent users having to do a full reformat. There must be many machines returned for repair when nothing is actually broken just badly written software.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 21:18:44 #156 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rdoody

uksfaa 2.00.05 update woes

- problems found so far (with comments)

Flashing option for more info when preview of a up and coming program (flashing a bit much. Should have option to disable or switch off)

Watch in HD prompt? (Prompt not needed as I know i have HD and have selected SD for a reason. Need option to disable)

Box switches itself off after a short while after resuming from standby.

Don't get me wrong I love my free time box. But think these updates need a little bit more testing before release. I don't agree with views expressed 'these things happen'. Not when you read through all the issues expressed and the #100+ issues caused for us customers. We have all supported Humax/Freesat by purchasing this product which was working fine before 7th Jan 2014!

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 22:28:24 #157 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

rdoody - 15 minutes ago  » 
    uksfaa 2.00.05 update woes
    - problems found so far (with comments)
    Flashing option for more info when preview of a up and coming program (flashing a bit much. Should have option to disable or switch off)
    Watch in HD prompt? (Prompt not needed as I know i have HD and have selected SD for a reason. Need option to disable)
    Box switches itself off after a short while after resuming from standby.
    Don't get me wrong I love my free time box. But think these updates need a little bit more testing before release. I don't agree with views expressed 'these things happen'. Not when you read through all the issues expressed and the #100+ issues caused for us customers. We have all supported Humax/Freesat by purchasing this product which was working fine before 7th Jan 2014!

You'd need to take most of the issues up with Freesat. I saw a post on Facebook earlier from Humax saying that basically as far as the freetime boxes go Humax are just doing as they're told as they have to conform to the freesat specification.
    The trouble is though is how do we get freesat to listen to its customers as any criticism made towards freesat or it's products get deleted off their community forum.
    And when things don't get deleted they just give excuses as to why certain things have to stay, ie the boot to Homescreen at switch on which they were bigging up saying why it's good and convienient even though the majority disagreed.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 22:50:43 #158 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

-gonzo- - 54 minutes ago  » 
    ...I saw a post on Facebook earlier...

Interesting discussion starting over there.

| Sat 11 Jan 2014 23:46:17 #159 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

Happening to me too... everything worked ok up until the firmware upgrade.

I cant pause live TV, the thumbnail images have gone from 'help' and 'showcase' and logos arnt there for channels in the guide.

Have we got a solution other than formatting the hardrive?

Marc

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 11:20:12 #160 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.