My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Software Update Jan 2014

(242 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

-gonzo- - 4 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 8 minutes ago  » 

Have you rebooted your box since the upgrade ?
    Yes
    Were you recording at the time ?
    No
    In settings have you a Freesat ID ?
    No. And when I go to the website I get no option to register, just a blurb saying I'll be able to register for an ID after the app is available.
    I don't have any problem pairing the TV with iPad Youtube so it's evidently compatible, nevertheless no TV icon appears when I'm running iPad YouTube.

I think what Graham should of asked was do you see a Device ID under System Information?
    Nobody has a Freesat ID yet until the app gets launched.
    The Device ID is what you should be seeing when the little screen icon is selected and you should also see it under Connected TVs in the YouTube app settings.

Correct - Senior Moment

It appears in Settings General Info

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 20:40:15 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dar2008

Yes, I have a Device ID in System Settings. But no, I don't see this listed when in the iPad YouTube app and selecting the TV icon - I do see my Samsung TV listed there, as always, but would prefer to also see the Freetime box - is there another step I need to take?

(Irrelevant to my question, and just for info, although I can stream to my Samsung TV, I am usually watching TV via my Freetime box so would prefer the option to stream to that otherwise I have to change audio inputs to the TV Tuner to get sound)

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 20:45:02 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I think what Graham should of asked was do you see a Device ID under System Information?
    Nobody has a Freesat ID yet until the app gets launched.
    The Device ID is what you should be seeing when the little screen icon is selected and you should also see it under Connected TVs in the YouTube app settings.

Ah, that makes sense. Yes, I do have a Device ID. So my TV and my freesat box are in the same boat - neither of them showing up in the iPad YouTube app. Nothing to do with the update.

Thanks.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 20:50:02 #43 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

dar2008 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, I have a Device ID in System Settings. But no, I don't see this listed when in the iPad YouTube app and selecting the TV icon - I do see my Samsung TV listed there, as always, but would prefer to also see the Freetime box - is there another step I need to take?
    (Irrelevant to my question, and just for info, although I can stream to my Samsung TV, I am usually watching TV via my Freetime box so would prefer the option to stream to that otherwise I have to change audio inputs to the TV Tuner to get sound)

You are using WiFi when using YouTube app on iPad?
    Can you pair them up as before?

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 20:51:20 #44 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dar2008 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I do see my Samsung TV listed there, as always, but would prefer to also see the Freetime box - is there another step I need to take?

Afaik it happened completely automatically for everyone, but I don't know of anyone with multiple devices. Can you see the HDR with the TV off ?

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 20:53:04 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dar2008

Interesting, when I turned off the TV, my Pioneer Amp appeared under the TV Icon in its place! I then turned off the Amp leaving just the Freetime box on, but now the TV icon no longer appeared in the YouTube app.

All that suggests you can only see one external device listed at a time in the YouTube app, which seems strange as I have other apps than can see and list all my dlna devices though even they don't see the Freetime box,...yet

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 21:08:33 #46 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Ok, that's annoying.
    Yes the much bigger recordings banner still randomly appears center top of the screen when watching back a recording or live tv.
    Do we really need to have it appear everytime I assume when series links update.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 21:40:25 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

While watching a live broadcast I go into Recordings, select a recording and Watch Now or Resume. Press Back repeatedly until you get back to the live broadcast. Problem is I get a blank, black screen with no sound. Only way to clear this is to change channels.

EDIT: Further investigation showed that somehow the update had changed my Digital Audio Out sound setting from Stereo to Multi Channel, changing it back to Stereo cleared the blank screen problem. Go figure.

EDIT2: Nope, I was wrong. Problem is intermittent and has no connection with settings or channel.

Definite bug, do these guys ever test a release?

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 22:15:59 #48 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    While watching a live broadcast I go into Recordings, select a recording and Watch Now or Resume. Press Back repeatedly until you get back to the live broadcast. Problem is I get a blank, black screen with no sound. Only way to clear this is to change channels.
    Not good, do these guys ever test a release?

Just tried this, Watching Waterloo Rd live, selected a previous recording and played back, pressed back/back etc to get back to Waterloo Rd, absolutely no problem. To mirror your question, why do you assume everyone else has the same issue ?

Basically why do you assume everyone else has the same issue as you do, without simply asking if anyone else can reproduce the issue ?

I am the first to freely admit if I can reproduce the problem, I cannot, can any one else ? A somewhat less belligerent attitude may help to actually identify what might be causing the issue in your case.

Had you asked for help I rather think the cause of your problem might more easily be identified ?

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 22:39:47 #49 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 48 seconds ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Not good, do these guys ever test a release?

Just tried this, Watching Waterloo Rd live, selected a previous recording and played back, pressed back/back etc to get back to Waterloo Rd, absolutely no problem. To mirror your question, why do you assume everyone else has the same issue ?
    Basically why do you assume everyone else has the same issue as you do, without simply asking if anyone else can reproduce the issue ?
    I am the first to freely admit if I can reproduce the problem, I cannot, can any one else ? A somewhat less belligerent attitude may help to actually identify what might be causing the issue in your case.
    Had you asked for help I rather think the cause of your problem might more easily be identified ?

I see you have somewhat retracted your post. As I always use full surround hardly surprising not able to re-produce. Also not surprising you are the first to report same.

| Wed 8 Jan 2014 22:44:44 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.