My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Software Update Stuck on 50%

(90 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

moodyblue2

Barry - 19 minutes ago  » 
    You can fix it yourselves - update via usb does work, I know, I spent many hours today working on this.
    There is no need to load any earlier versions you can go straight to the latest 1.01.13.
    Note: Many times I have seen posts from users unable to update, read the update instructions carefully, it does work.

I still can't get out of the OTA update, I've tried turning the box off and leaving it for half an hour, but every time I turn it back on, it goes straight into the update again!

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:06:56 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Cruzers have worked for me.

Remove power to the unit, insert usb stick, reapply power whilst touching the channel down 'button' on front of unit until update message appears on screen and/or front led flashes purple.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:07:42 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

steviem

Thanks, Barry. I will try again with Version .06 as Version .13 was not recognised on USB, despite your advice that it should have been. The update process I am following is:

Update Instructions from HUMAX
    - Power OFF the product by switching off at the power socket
    - Download and extract the ZIP file, save the software and save on a USB Pen* (format FAT32) on root Directory
    - Make sure the filename is hdr2000t_upgrade.hdf
    - Insert the USB Pen to the front USB port on the product
    - Power ON the product
    - Immediately press (or continually tap) the channel down button on the front "V"
    - The download should start and the download progress should appear on the TV set; allow 5 minutes for the update to complete.
    - When the update is complete "Download Successful will appear on the TV.
    - Remove USB Pen and press the standby button.

To power-down, I have unplugged it whilst on Standby (Red LED) but that returned it to Standby on re-connecting to Mains without going through any USB recognition or any other obvious activity.

On USB process, I always get a black screen with grey HUMAX logo in matrix of grey/black squares as the first indication of activity. That then turns into normal signal via 720 thru 1080p pictures.

I will also try 2 USB recognition processes: a) waiting a moment before touching the Down Channel and b) touching it before putting the plug back in. In both cases, I will also use the single touch and the tapping alternatives.

If successful, will this update Loader as well? If not, how is Loader updated?

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:08:02 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

moodyblue2

Barry - 1 minute ago  » 
    Cruzers have worked for me.
    Remove power to the unit, insert usb stick, reapply power whilst touching the channel down 'button' on front of unit until update message appears on screen and/or front led flashes purple.

I'll try again later, have switched to a different PVR so at least I can watch TV now!

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:10:22 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Versions 1.01.06 and 1.01.13 include the loader 1.04.

What works for me everytime without fail.

Disconnect power, insert usb stick, reapply power and immediately touch the channel down button and keep touching until update message appears and/or led flashes purple, you can then stop touching.

Note for 2000T only, no other usb device connected to other usb port, this can cause problems when updating.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:21:50 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

steviem

Update:

Tried front and back USB - both tapping or holding touch on "V" channel button - from Standby or On. Nothing working on Version .06.

In addition to the HUMAX logo on initial activity screen, on the bottom left I see UKFTAC 1.02 which I presume to be the Loader details and the point at which I expect the "V" touching to become effective.

Finally, a "USB loading" banner appears in the centre of the screen only after the picture appears.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:33:23 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

steviem

Another update:

I am using Cruzer blade. When selecting Blue STORAGE button, the Upper Level folder shows but no file appears under it or in it.

Front light has only been RED or BLUE so far.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:35:53 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mievans

Same problem! I have yet to get it going again. About to go on 3 week holiday and had set the box up to record various programs. Had I not been home would Humax upgrade have screwed the whole process? Quality control must have been asleep when the update was released. We customers have long memories, so when it comes to replacing the box where will we be going?

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:41:25 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

justinhill

My own 2000T didn't have this problem. Also, it's connected to the internet.

My girlfriend provides professional support to a profoundly deaf and house-bound older lady who -guess what - has a 2000T with loader 1.02 she relies on for entertainment. My girlfriend's 4 hour shift today turned into a whole day trying to get the box working again for her. In the end she ripped it out and brought it to me this evening. I've just got it working and here's what I did:

I plugged it in place of my own unit - including the network connection - but without the aerial connection. When it first started up it kept looping around trying to do the update and saying there was no signal and it would restart. Then I pulled the power plug out, plugged it back in and repeatedly pressed the down arrow button. Eventually it came up with the standard 'bad signal' message. I went into the menu, confirmed the network settings were OK and then switched off from the remote. When I switched on again it announced a software update was available and proceeded to download and install it - using the internet - in about two minutes. then it re-booted and I connected the aerial.

It's working fine now and my girlfriend will take it back to its owner in the morning.

Internet connection: for anyone who's not sure, most standard broadband router setups have 'DHCP' which means the humax box will self-configure immediately if plugged into the router using a standard RJ45 network cable. You just need to click 'save settings'.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:45:43 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JPDoc

Barry, I stand corrected. As a last resort I followed your advice (many thanks) - I waited a full hour and half with the Humax turned off and had a last go at the USB stick update and it worked this time. When I tried it previously I had only turned it off for 10-15 mins and it went back into the OTA download without registering the usb stick. So I guess the moral is if you are stuck in this download "loop" thing, turn off the machine for a good long while before trying a usb update.

Still pretty unimpressed this dodgy software system and with spending a day resolving it.

I've had an ongoing problem with the audio disappearing after changing inputs on the TV, only resolved by shutting off Humax at the plug (just turning it on and off doesn't work) - also experienced by other users on the forum and elsewhere. I have a slight hope that this update might fix that (so all this grief would have some result) but as I said above the change log seems to indicate this is a long shot.

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 20:07:08 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.