My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Software version 1.02.28

(51 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ajax

Yes, I've just discovered that trying to use internet radio with v28 causes my Fox T2 to reboot. Other internet functions seem ok.

| Sun 1 Jul 2012 16:16:11 #31 |
  2. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

I don't seem to be able to hear any audio description on any of the channels that are marked as broadcasting it.. Is it broke again? Or is the EPG wrong?

| Sun 1 Jul 2012 18:48:32 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Hi Chris
    HDR Fox T2 on software 1.02.28.
    Just set my HDR up to support Audio Description.
    Working fine for me.

| Sun 1 Jul 2012 20:10:49 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

chrisdaniels - 3 hours ago  » 
    I don't seem to be able to hear any audio description on any of the channels that are marked as broadcasting it.. Is it broke again? Or is the EPG wrong?

A bit of both, but you should hear something on some of the channels. Unless there is so much talking there is no gap for an audio description!

It is broken on the HD-FOX-T2. When there is sound on both the normal and the AD audio track the prominence is given to the normal track instead of the AD track. Because of this on the HD-FOX-T2 1.02.27 and 1.02.28 the AD track is so frequently inaudible that it makes AD unusable.
    I posted a longer description at http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/1-02-28-reasons-to-be-cheerful.1797/page-2#post-23616

Channel 5 tend to stick [AD,S] on programmes where it should be just [S]. E.g.. right now on their broadcasting programme. Using 1.02.20 on the SD channel 4 the AD is fine on the current broadcasting programme.

| Sun 1 Jul 2012 22:33:55 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Notts Humax Man - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi Chris
    HDR Fox T2 on software 1.02.28.
    Just set my HDR up to support Audio Description.
    Working fine for me.

A quick try out may give a false impression.

Are you sure? What happens if the normal channel has got a lot of noise e.g. helicopter, pneumatic drill, traffic, ice cream van, dramatic music etc etc. Can the audio description still be heard clearly then?

| Sun 1 Jul 2012 22:38:32 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Yes you are correct - The Audio transmission mingles in with the other sounds and it becomes almost impossible to hear. Have never experianced the feature before so I assumed that is how it should be. I see your point that when a "Description" is being transmitted then the main sound level should be subdued.

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 2:22:34 #36 |
  7. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

@Barry, are Humax aware its still not right?

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 9:03:30 #37 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

chrisdaniels - 42 minutes ago  » 

They are aware it is still not ideal.

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 9:46:42 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 8 hours ago  » 

chrisdaniels - 42 minutes ago  » 

They are aware it is still not ideal.

... which is not the same as not being right.

On 1.02.20 sound from the AD track caused the normal track to be subdued, now its the other way round. That is simply not right.

| Mon 2 Jul 2012 18:28:52 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

gregoryrose

Barry - 3 days ago  » 
    Welcome to the Forum
    You can send feedback in their support email addres:
    uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk
    but I do not think this will change anything - why because of the number of support calls they receive where users have had the wrong device selected.
    Having just got a version of the remote that gives the pop up, I do not know what all the fuss is about.

I guess I just dont like systems designed for the stupid to be imposed on me who doesnt need them. I wonder how they are going to cater for the people whose Hummy doesnt work because they forget to switch over from the TV tuner. Never mind lets dumb everything down to the idiots instead of expecting them to engage their neurons.

If you are connected as you seem Barry please let them know that an option to prevent auto-updating is also well overdue (and yes I know there are tricks to achieve this but it isnt the same)

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 22:38:51 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.