My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Standby blank TV screen

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

perdrix

I've just got a DTR-T2100. No internet connection yet.

It is connected using HDMI to my Sony KDL-32D3000 TV.

When I put the YouView in standby the TV screen goes blank as you might expect, BUT I cannot use the "Input Next" buttons on the TV or the "TV AV" button on the YV remote to switch it to another input (like internal TV tuner or the PVR).

Turning the TV off and back on makes NO difference - just a blank screen and unable to select the input. If I turn the YouView back on I can select an input other than the YouView port and then put the YouView box in standby, but ...

| Sat 3 May 2014 11:37:42 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Humax boxes are well known for not dropping the connection completely which for me means it keeps the digital audio connection live on my AV amp stopping it switching back automatically to the analogue signal I want to use when going back to watching on the TV and also means I have to bring the Humax box out of standby *before* switching input on the TV for HDMI to handshake properly.

All that said your Sony TV should not be being blocked from changing inputs by this. Is the TV firmware up to date? Does the Next Input button only switch between currently active inputs so you need the other source box (eg DVD player) to also be turned on first. Is there a menu option on the TV to switch directly to any input whether active or not?

| Mon 5 May 2014 10:36:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

perdrix

TV firmware should be up to date, as it isn't totally powered off overnight. Yes, there are specific input selects on the menus.

Yesterday I got round to adding the YouView box to my Harmony 885 and as luck would have it, the Harmony uses these specific input selection commands (e.g. InputAV4) to select an input rather than using InputNext to cycle round the inputs which is what the Sony TV remote does. These commands do seem to switch the input regardless of the state of the YouView box.

So while the problem isn't fixed, it is solved by using the Harmony, so SWMBO is a lot happier.

Dave

| Mon 5 May 2014 11:55:13 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Glad you have got a workaround. I swear by my Harmony 555.

| Mon 5 May 2014 16:11:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

perdrix

Yep! Sad to say, after a hiccup last night, it is now in the "Nearly Ready" forever state

No, I didn't get it from BT so back to eBay to open a case ...

| Mon 5 May 2014 16:16:53 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.