My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Starting up trouble

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Babsnn

I'm a new owner of a HumaxHDR-2000T and currently have just installed update UKTFAC 1.01.13. (I've had the box 2 days!) but when I turned it on this morning it needed new software update and wouldn't let me do anything else until it was done. 1 hour 50 mins later it had installed (what the hell!) but now is downloading and has been stuck on 50% for a full 45 mins!

Do I turn it off and start again as red warning light tells me not to. Or throw it in the brook that runs by side of my house. Very frustrated.

Also yesterday when I got it working ok, each time I turned TV off I had to use the AV button on TV remote go find hdmi and select another nightmare. I didn't have problems like this with my old Humax. Any help would be appreciated got grandkids for another 24 hours and it's torture without the TV - help!

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 11:27:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Update the software using a usb memory stick.

See this thread.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/software-update-stuck-on-50

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 11:46:34 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

See This Thread for a lot of info, however to recover your unit you could try:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/software-update-stuck-on-50/page/4#post-36444 and then try updating via usb.

Edit: Graham beat me to it again.

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 11:47:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Babsnn

Hi. Sod's law. As soon as I'd posted to this forum the download finished and I managed to start TV (via AV button). However the media button will not bring anything up now?
    Thanks for your help guys

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 12:09:38 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Babsnn - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Hi. Sod's law. As soon as I'd posted to this forum the download finished and I managed to start TV (via AV button). However the media button will not bring anything up now?
    Thanks for your help guys

Try removing the power for say 10 minutes and re-booting. You may have to boot twice if the same as earlier Humax Freeview+ boxes. If that doesn't work a factory reset may be needed.

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 12:16:02 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.