My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Strange behaviour

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PhredE

Box is HDR1000s with UKSFAA 2.00.13.

My HDR1000s box gradually lost channels, which we assumed was due to the woods behind where we live.

Called-in the aerial man who moved dish to a new, higher, position and got an amazing signal/quality strength.

However the 1000s box would not detect any signal when trying to use Freesat, but loaded channels from both Astra and Eutelsat in non-Freesat mode.

Left box on for about 8 hours then all of a sudden it restarted itself and came back on with Freesat EPG.

Signal strength showed about 80% Strength and Quality but only one cable detected, and wouldn't allow channel change when recording.

Engineer came back and checked signal to ensure dish hadn't moved, and was more than happy. Suggested factory reset to get over one cable problem, but now back to no signal detected although Signal Strength now shows both connected with about 80% strength/quality. Again non-freesat mode has loaded all the channels, including those that originate on Eutelsat.

I connected one cable to an old Sky box which shows about same strength/quality.

The engineer has a very good local reputation for setting-up Freesat, so assume he knows what he is doing.

Any ideas?

| Thu 24 Jul 2014 17:38:31 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You mention of "My HDR1000s box gradually lost channels" is an indication of one or two possible causes.
    1. Water ingression in cable.
    2. If these missing channels are all vertically or horizontally polarised then the LNB needs to be replaced.

In either case the freesat transponder needs to be received on (currently) Eutelsat 11426 H

| Fri 25 Jul 2014 17:32:56 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.