My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Streaming from HDR2000 to DLNA enabled TV

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

soverson

Sorry if this one has been done numerous times before, however I have a DLNA enabled TV (Samsung) in a separate room to the HDR2000, and am able to access the contents of the HDD via DLNA. However if I navigate to a recording using the second TV and try to play it, nothing happens.
    Is it possible to do this, does anyone know? Or would I need to install Plex or something similar on the TV (the TV is a Smart TV) to enable playback via DLNA?

Thanks for your help.

| Thu 12 Feb 2015 10:05:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

soverson - 9 hours ago  » 
    However if I navigate to a recording using the second TV and try to play it, nothing happens.

The 2nd TV is probably an older not so smart any more TV? You may find the problems are with HD recordings and sometimes SD as well. I seem to remember my PS3 would play or not play SD even from the same series.

First thing to check for is any software updates for the 2nd TV, I wouldn't hold out much hope, but you never know. Plex may work if your TV is compatible, either you try it or find somebody that has exactly the same model and revision who can confirm (my 2nd TV won't work with it). If it's a problem then think about getting a small media player for the 2nd TV and forget the inbuilt out of date smart features of the TV.

I've almost given up with the amount of different devices and ways this can be done or can't be done. My smart samsung no longer does iplayer, my tablet seems to do everything except 4OD when connected to a screen and the list goes on and on and on, it's still a bit of a minefield albeit a lot cheaper nowadays.

let us know how you get on with details if possible. We seem to be short on solutions, people ask questions and then forget to post how it did or didn't work

| Thu 12 Feb 2015 20:35:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

soverson

Thanks for the reply. The TV is less than a month old and comes with the latest Smart Hub portal with all of the catch up players pre-installed, so is about as up to date as they come.
    I gave it another go earlier and for some unknown reason, I can now access all SD recordings via DLNA and they seem to play back fine. HD recordings do not appear, however, which I am guessing is due to the encryption on those files. Not a show stopper for me, it's good to know that a lot of content can still be accessed on the 2nd TV.
    I've got an external HDD attached to the HDR2000, and I know that the encryption is removed once the HD recordings are moved across to it, but the length of time that this takes does not make it practical to use on a frequent basis.

| Thu 12 Feb 2015 21:39:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

soverson - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I've got an external HDD attached to the HDR2000, and I know that the encryption is removed once the HD recordings are moved across to it,

That is only true if the recording has Foxy applied to it. SD recordings have the encryption removed by copying to USB out of the box.

| Thu 12 Feb 2015 21:58:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Not quite sure if you are saying the TV you were having the difficulty with is a Samsung? If it is then you are not on your own as there are quite a view posts on other forums complaining about Samsung smart TVs not playing material from DLNA connected devices.

I was reading about someone not being able to stream from their Panasonic PVR to a Samsung.

If it's not a Samsung TV then please ignore my post.

| Thu 12 Feb 2015 23:31:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

soverson

Yes, it is a Samsung, UE32H5500.
    Might explain why when I originally tested this feature I couldn't get any recordings to stream, but now I can get the SD ones to stream. It seems to take a while for the connection to fully establish, which might explain why I initially thought that it wasn't working.
    Anyway, I'll have a play with Plex to see if that provides access to the HD recordings as well.
    Thanks for your help everyone.

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 9:26:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

soverson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes, it is a Samsung, UE32H5500.
    Might explain why when I originally tested this feature I couldn't get any recordings to stream, but now I can get the SD ones to stream. It seems to take a while for the connection to fully establish, which might explain why I initially thought that it wasn't working.
    Anyway, I'll have a play with Plex to see if that provides access to the HD recordings as well.
    Thanks for your help everyone.

Look on AVF under PVRs - there is someone experiencing similar issues to yourself. Apparently according to that post Samsung are saying these devices won't play nicely with their kit.

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 10:52:36 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr_Fixit

Hi everyone.

New question regarding DLNA, following Faust's reply to my last one.

Does anyone know if the DLNA server on the DTR-T2000 is compatible with Panasonic DLNA enabled TV?

Correct me if I am wrong but I think this will give me both Youview and DLNA Server (with builtin WiFi) in the one PVR box which is what I am actually looking for.

( I really wanted Humax to implement DLNA SErver on the freesat version PVR but after waiting for 2 years, I have given up on that one )

Panasonic PVRs do not ( yet ) have Youview on board as I understand it.

Thanks. Any info greatly appreciated.

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 9:52:52 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Mr_Fixit - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Hi everyone.
    New question regarding DLNA, following Faust's reply to my last one.
    Does anyone know if the DLNA server on the DTR-T2000 is compatible with Panasonic DLNA enabled TV?

None of the YouView boxes have DLNA.

Panasonic PVRs do not ( yet ) have Youview on board as I understand it.

I don't think Panasonic PVRs are going to have YouView. Only YouView PVRs have YouView, and it's hard to see why YouView would allow that situation to change. Sony TVs are expected to incorporate the YouView EPG. Panasonic TVs currently have Freetime and in future are to have Freeview Play. Panasonic PVRs may also in future incorprate Freeview Play.

Confusing, but that's the situation.

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 10:02:06 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr_Fixit

Dear JamesB

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, sorry, it looks as if I got confused. The HDR-2000T has DLNA but no Freetime capability, whereas the DTR-T2000 has Youview but No DLNA.

Got myself quite excited there for a moment, all to no avail it seems. Never mind.

However, the spec sheet for HDR-2000T ( Currys website ) defines extra apps as being available.
    On a Samsung TV I have, there are apps for ITV and CH4 catchup etc. Do you know if this is the same for HDR-2000T

Many thanks and again the same question, anyone know if the HDR-2000T DLNA server is compatible with Panasonic TVs?

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 12:34:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.