My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Stuck on "wizard"

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ghj

Hi. I have a foxsat hdr and i was resetting the unit (so it was working fine) to factory setting , as it was asking me to check the dish signal , my mains power went off (typical!). When i switch the unit on again all i get is the word "wizard" on the display unit , and the only thing i can do with the remote is to switch the hd setting (570 820 1080) with the remote. I've left it off for a day , left it on for a day , still te same.
    Can anyone advise me as to what I can do. Thanks....

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 20:10:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

What do you see on the TV screen ?

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 20:28:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ghj

Thanks for your reply. The thing is there is nothing on the screen , it just says wizard on the display on the front of the unit , and that's it

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 18:35:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

it's probably stuck on the 'postcode check' and this should be displayed on your tv/screen.

double check hdmi leads/connections and reboot the Humax if necessary.

If still no luck, try a scart connection or another tv/screen if possible.

Hopefully you'll find the wizard setup menu displayed on your TV/screen and you'll probably find you have a poor lnb connection to the Humax or the dish has gone out of alignment which I imagine was the original problem.

let us know how you get on along with any relevant information

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 20:35:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ghj

Hi. Thanks for message.It is connected via a HDMi lead , I have'nt tried via a scart , but i will , I know the tv is ok because it did work on it before the power going off , and thus the dish and the lnb are ok..
    Is there a reset procedure on these , like a sky box?

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 20:51:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I'm as sure as I can be that you have problems with the lnb, cable to humax or dish alignment (most likely).

I'm not aware of any reset procedure. If you can't get anything up on screen with hdmi or scart then there are only two things I could recommend.

Re-install the firmware via usb, following humax's instructions.
    Take the box to a friends/neighbours who has 100% signal quality and set up there.

I could be wrong, but I don't see how you can move forward without trying the above, unless the box is still under warranty in which case contact Humax CS.

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 3:48:19 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ghj

Hi . Many thanks for all the advise. In the end I left it unplugged for 48 hours , tried it again , and was able to connect and tune etc... so great!

| Fri 23 Jan 2015 9:57:47 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.