My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Sudden loss of HDMI connection

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

scotthatton

Did phone once, wasn’t a great experience.

Finally got my box replaced. I took a month to convince them/wait for replies. Then they didn't have any stock of the 1Tb's for a couple of weeks.

New box fixed the issue (ie it wasn't my telly or HDMI cable, as I had to prove many times over!). Hmmmm.

However, new box has a stupidly loud (1Tb) hard drive.

It's driving me crazy. I thought I was being over sensitive but I cannot tolerate the noise – it’s louder than the TV. Previously I owned an EchoStar – that was silent, or near as. I have an Xbox 360 with hard drive (no issue), and NAS box (1Tb disc's can’t be heard). Even the external 1Tb hard drive I use for backup I can’t hear over the telly, but the Humax is so so loud. A friend thought it was our central heating! I've tried placing on a soft surface, placing on cardboard and blue tack under the feet but it's the same.
    Even if I hold the box in midair it’s still louder than the TV.

Waiting (and waiting) for repair team to sort out a replacement. That will be my 4th box. First one also went back with hard drive noise issues.

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 15:07:20 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

scotthatton

4th time lucky! New box is totally different and is what I'd describe as perfectly acceptable noise levels. Have placed on a rubber mat too for near total silence.

I'm really pleased I persevered.

Humax - sort your customer service!

Cheers,
    Scott

| Tue 16 Oct 2012 17:43:03 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.