My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

suggested replacement for HDR Foxsat?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

I love my HDR and I think freesat is excellent - especially when you consider it's free.

What has been really fantastic is Raydon's custom firmware. It's raised it's usability to a really high level. Huge thank's to him and people like repassac who have helped dunces like me keep it running. I'm particularly grateful for the higher level of usability as I'm disabled and I can transfer and watch .TS files in any room and I can control the box (change channels, set recordings etc) in other rooms and when I'm in bed.

And that's my problem... I've been spoiled! My HDR is around 5 years old and it's going to need replacing at some point. As far as I know there is nothing else with the same level of usability as the HDR+Raydon's bundle.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement for my HDR? It'll need freesat with HD, twin channel recording minimum and the ability to transfer files around my home network, and especially remote control through a web browser which seems to be the part that's difficult to come by (I love being able to change channels in any room with my smart phone.

I have a fairly fast home network and an NAS if that's of any help...

| Sun 31 Aug 2014 21:20:27 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There is no Freesat box that can do this. A HTPC running the appropriate software is the only replacement I can think of, but it it's not going to match the Foxsat for convenience. Other than that the Freeview HDR FOX T2 (with the CF) can match the Foxsat-HDR (and exceed it some ways, it has DLNA client capability). Humax direct has some left I believe.

Any reason you cannot add a freeview+ box ?

| Sun 31 Aug 2014 21:29:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

My freeview reception is very poor I'm afraid - even with better aerials and boosters etc.

HDR Fox T2 is freeview?

| Sun 31 Aug 2014 22:23:25 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.