My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Suggestions / Wishlist for software improvements / new features

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

Great unit, but there's always room for improvement!

I'll start with a request for a couple of small improvements to the TV Guide:

1. At the moment, you have to click "List" to change the filter every time you open the TV Guide. 9 times out of 10, I only want to see my favourite channels here, so at the moment every time I open the Guide I have to perform the same actions over and again. It would be good if the TV Guide remembered my choice, so it displayed what I selected with the "List" button every time I open the Guide.

2. The "mini TV guide" (I.e. the one you get when you click the OK or < > buttons) should also have the ability to filter, or it should just use the filter applied in the main TV Guide. This is because this guide only shows 3 channels at a time, and scrolling through channels is really painfully sluggish.

3. Improve the performance of both TV Guides - it's not unusable at the moment, but it is slow to scroll.

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 12:17:35 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Agree with you on 1 however 1 and 2 at least are rather issues than Humax.

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 13:00:14 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Thirded for a sticky favourites.

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 13:04:09 #3 |
  4. chrisund123

chrisund123

My biggest problems are:

1)I'd like to see raw audio over SPDIF (so I can get DTS audio on the media player function)
    2)Sort out the aspect ratio stretching problem when playing back 1920*800 (1080p) .mkv's
    3)Enable the adjustment of aspect ratio in the menu (currently it does nothing! Crazy).
    4)Make it easier to select a static IP.
    5)Get a web interface going on so you can set remote recordings.

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 14:24:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattH

chrisund123 - 51 minutes ago  » 

I would be surprised if they did this, it would just add to support cases. If you want your box to get the same IP address every time, configure your DHCP server to give it the same IP address each time, this will usually be your broadband router, and a configuration option on it.

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 15:21:18 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

MattH - 40 minutes ago  » 

I would be surprised if they did this, it would just add to support cases. If you want your box to get the same IP address every time, configure your DHCP server to give it the same IP address each time, this will usually be your broadband router, and a configuration option on it.

Seconded!

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 16:02:29 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 58 minutes ago  » 

Seconded!

That wot I did

IP address reservations on my Virgin super hub.

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 17:01:03 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

REPASSAC - 58 minutes ago  » 

Seconded!

That wot I did
    IP address reservations on my Virgin super hub.

There are many advantages in doing this - for example if your ISP changes DNS or if you get a new router uses different network address (saw a post the last few days with this problem).

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 18:16:29 #8 |
  9. chrisund123

chrisund123

I agree Dhcp is perfect for most cases - it's great for it to default to dhcp as it'll get you up and running ASAP. Just would be nice to be able to specify a Fixed one as an advanced option.

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 19:21:32 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

chrisund123 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I agree Dhcp is perfect for most cases - it's great for it to default to dhcp as it'll get you up and running ASAP. Just would be nice to be able to specify a Fixed one as an advanced option.

It is but only if DHCP fails.

| Wed 24 Oct 2012 20:41:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.