My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Talktalk YouView box and my old Humax 9200T

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mathsus

Hi, Can anyone help me? I got persuaded by a Talktalk rep to buy a YouView box which I've managed to install and it seems to work - at least I can watch Freeview on it so far. The rep assured me that it wouldn't affect any recording devices I already had and that was lovely as I adore and rely on my PVR 9200T. But how on earth do I get them to work together? Can they? Or how can I switch between them both through the same telly? I only have one aerial input! Help! And thanks

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 17:59:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mathsus - 8 minutes ago  » 
    The rep assured me that it wouldn't affect any recording devices I already had and that was lovely as I adore and rely on my PVR 9200T. But how on earth do I get them to work together? Can they? Or how can I switch between them both through the same telly?

How are you connecting the Youview box to the television (SCART, HDMI etc)? For the aerial feed, connect the feed to the Humax aerial in and then run an aerial lead from the Humax aerial out to the Youview box.

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 18:11:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mathsus

I'm using scart cables. That's what I thought I would have to do but I will need a aerial cable with male and female ends won't I? aaargh.

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 18:19:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mathsus - 14 minutes ago  » 
    I'm using scart cables.

How many SCART sockets does your TV have?

That's what I thought I would have to do but I will need a aerial cable with male and female ends won't I?

Yes (or a cable coupler).

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 18:35:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mathsus

I have only got one scart socket on this tv but I've got another tv with one HDMI socket and one scart, would that help? Would I still need to connect tv aerial to youview aerial? Sorry - bit outside my comfort zone here. Thank you very much by the way!

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 18:51:48 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Assuming you use the TV with a scart and HDMI socket.

(You need to use this TV to get HD from the Youview box)

Aerial connections, connect your aerial to the 9200T aerial in, connect the 9200T aerial out to the Youview box aerial in. Connect the Youview box aerial out to the TV.

Connect the 9200T scart TV socket to the TV scart socket.

Connect the Youview box hdmi socket to the TV.

To watch the Youview box us the TV remote to select the HDMI input on the TV

To watch the 9200T use the TV output to select the TV's scart (switching on the 9200T will most likely select this input anyway).

To use the TV's own tuner simply select the TV tuner using it's own tuner.

Both pvrs will record whatever input you happen to be using on the TV.

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 19:17:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mathsus

I don't think this (cheapskate) Youview box from talktalk records! You can just watch freeview, the Tv on demand progs and, of course, buy lots of goodies from talktalk should you so choose!

thanks for the help - I'll be back

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 19:26:37 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mathsus - 22 minutes ago  » 
    I don't think this (cheapskate) Youview box from talktalk records! You can just watch freeview, the Tv on demand progs and, of course, buy lots of goodies from talktalk should you so choose!
    thanks for the help - I'll be back

If you watch the Youview box can you pause live TV using the pause control on the remote control ?

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 19:49:41 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mathsus

yes, but just for 30 minutes. There is no record button on the remote and no mention of recording in the literature!

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 20:14:12 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mathsus - 38 minutes ago  » 
    yes, but just for 30 minutes. There is no record button on the remote and no mention of recording in the literature!

To be able to pause live TV it must have some recording capability, presumably it's only of limited size.

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 20:54:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.