1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mathsus

I think you are right, thanks!

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 20:17:16 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 46 minutes ago  » 
    To be able to pause live TV it must have some recording capability, presumably it's only of limited size.

This sounds like the DN360T which has solid state suitable for 30 minutes. Barely used unwanted ones go for £10 to £35.

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 20:46:07 #12 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

mathsus - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi, Can anyone help me? I got persuaded by a Talktalk rep to buy a YouView box which I've managed to install and it seems to work - at least I can watch Freeview on it so far. The rep assured me that it wouldn't affect any recording devices I already had and that was lovely as I adore and rely on my PVR 9200T. But how on earth do I get them to work together? Can they? Or how can I switch between them both through the same telly? I only have one aerial input! Help! And thanks

You bought one, you're supposed to get one free with the Essentials TV package. I have one and my friend has one connected to a 9300. Connect the TalkTalk box SCART socket to the Humax VCR SCART socket, Humax TV SCART socket to the telly, we don't use the HD channels. Aerial into the Humax first then out to the TalkTalk box, yes the included cable is the wrong gender. Works a treat if you don't mind waiting two minutes for the thing to get up steam. You can pause an SD channel for an hour or so. We connect to the internet using one of these.

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 21:46:19 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mathsus

I went out & bought the right connector for the aerial lead and started to get it all set up. But I tripped over the tangle of wires and the Humax box crashed down and now doesn't work!! Just 4 flashing lines. This isn't ending well. But thanks for all your help.

| Wed 30 Apr 2014 22:00:22 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I got 17 minutes on itv HD before the buffer was full, takes 3 mins+ to start.
    Being able to go back 7 days on iplayer, itv, 4OD and some of 5 demand is useful.
    Use your 9200T as the main box, get onto TT and get the faulty crappy box replaced and once setup as per Biggles it'll be useful for catch-up on iplayer, itv, 4OD and some of C5

| Thu 1 May 2014 0:19:14 #15 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

damian - 8 hours ago  » 
    I got 17 minutes on itv HD before the buffer was full, takes 3 mins+ to start.
    Being able to go back 7 days on iplayer, itv, 4OD and some of 5 demand is useful.
    Use your 9200T as the main box, get onto TT and get the faulty crappy box replaced and once setup as per Biggles it'll be useful for catch-up on iplayer, itv, 4OD and some of C5

3+ minutes is it, that is from deep comatose standby or OFF. Much quicker from shallow standby but I understand the power consumption in that state is not much less than being ON. Also the USB port is still powering the wireless bridge in shallow standby.

| Thu 1 May 2014 9:00:35 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.