My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

The 9200 --:-- clock problem.

(56 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BustersDad

Hello and many thanks to Biggles for his information.
    The timer/clock failed on my 9200T as described.
    Today I diligently followed Biggles instructions on how to clean the time clock board using standard chemists surgical spirit and a small fine brush. My guide to removing the board was an excellent YouTube video. I am a novice at this type of repair but I figured it was worth a try before buying a new card. It worked and the machine appears to function fully now. My advice is to have the video playing whilst repairing so as to be precise with every move then be patient, gentle and thorough with the cleaning process. It was surprisingly easy.
    Thanks once again to Biggles for saving me money and giving me the satisfaction of repairing it myself.

| Thu 11 Oct 2012 19:43:39 #31 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

BustersDad - 4 hours ago  » 
    My guide to removing the board was an excellent YouTube video.

Is this the You Tube video you refer to? I would advise dismantling the 9200 on a table/workbench etc. not on your knees as PCRowan does.

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 0:03:30 #32 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Biggles - 13 hours ago  » 

BustersDad - 4 hours ago  » 
    My guide to removing the board was an excellent YouTube video.

Is this the You Tube video you refer to? I would advise dismantling the 9200 on a table/workbench etc. not on your knees as PCRowan does.

The maker of that video also doesn't realise the ribbon cable is in a ZIF socket - there is a small latch which releases/locks the cable.

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 13:36:52 #33 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

aldaweb - 1 hour ago  » 
    The maker of that video also doesn't realise the ribbon cable is in a ZIF socket - there is a small latch which releases/locks the cable.

Whoops, I have to confess that I didn't realise it was a ZIF socket and from JefUK's linked article 'Replacing the Humax PVR-9200T Clock Module' he didn't either. I've just gone down in my estimation but I can blame it on old age eyesight and recovering from a foot operation at the time. I always thought that replacing the ribbon cable was the trickiest bit of the whole procedure.

| Fri 12 Oct 2012 15:33:12 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

verysind

I'd just like to add that I had the same problem, and thanks to Biggles' clear instructions I cleaned the RTC card and my Humax 9200T has been working fine for a week now.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 21:26:07 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

pedrox

Same problem with silver machine 8 yrs old. Followed Biggles advice using surgical spirit with great success. Biggles you're a star - can't imagine how you came up with the solution!

| Sat 27 Apr 2013 17:31:35 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pedrox - 26 minutes ago  » 
    can't imagine how you came up with the solution!

I think you will find that it was a very careful and scientific investigation of the problem.

| Sat 27 Apr 2013 17:59:10 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JonnieBoy

Wow, this has fixed my silver 9200T too, thanks Biggles. I used white spirit to clean the board as this was all I had available. I suspect the contamination creates some stray capacitance or current leakage that kills the oscillator, it doesn't take much to kick a low-power crystal oscillator out of kilter.

My board has a continuous copper ground plane, not a mesh.

| Sat 29 Jun 2013 23:18:41 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

robowen

I'd like to add my thanks to Biggles for this one too. My 9200 has been back in working order for a week since I cleaned the board with isopropyl alcohol from an old tape head cleaning kit. I also brushed off loads of dust from the main PCB.

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 17:47:17 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JuneE

Thank you very much, got my humax working again for only the price of some surgical spirit!

| Fri 11 Oct 2013 21:43:47 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.