My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

"This channel is unavailable or scrambled" ?

(43 posts)
  1. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

I don't think a format is in order Wotan.. It seems to be more like a logic bug in the Humax software do to with encryption. So it will happen regardless if the scenario is right for it.

Its been mentioned before, but it is like the box forgets its encryption key or corrupts it for that one recording, therefore it wont play it back. The encryption key is tied to the box the recording was made on.

I've not formatted since my issue and its not happened again.

| Wed 16 Jul 2014 11:40:29 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wotan

chrisdaniels - 53 minutes ago  » 
    I don't think a format is in order Wotan.. It seems to be more like a logic bug in the Humax software do to with encryption. So it will happen regardless if the scenario is right for it.
    Its been mentioned before, but it is like the box forgets its encryption key or corrupts it for that one recording, therefore it wont play it back. The encryption key is tied to the box the recording was made on.
    I've not formatted since my issue and its not happened again.

If it's a logic bug in the Humax software perhaps then we can expect an update to remove the bug? Can only hope....

Thanks Chris

| Wed 16 Jul 2014 12:38:20 #22 |
  3. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

I'm only guessing, but if we cant replicate it, how can they?

| Wed 16 Jul 2014 14:20:55 #23 |
  4. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

@Barry is there any news on a fix for this yet?

| Sat 20 Sep 2014 12:00:00 #24 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Hope to get updates (that I can publish) on this and 1800/2000T next week Chris.

| Sat 20 Sep 2014 12:17:15 #25 |
  6. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Cheers Barry

| Sat 20 Sep 2014 17:21:34 #26 |
  7. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Are we sure now that the box does lose its encryption keys temporarily? A fault has been identified whereby the 'ODEncrypted' flag is accidentally removed from the HMT file during recording so that when it is played back, the box does not decrypt on the fly. This causes the playback to be scrambled. This fault is not confined to high def. recordings.

| Sat 20 Sep 2014 18:33:04 #27 |
  8. Trevor Wright

Trevor Wright

Last night (22.9.14), I was 45 mins through watching a recording and suddenly the screen went dark and the "scrambled" message appeared. All other recordings also failed with "scrambled" when played and a recording which had been in progress for 15 mins was only showing 2 mins recorded.
    I stopped and deleted that recording, and switched off at the rear power switch and waited a minute. Restarted and all recordings fine. The recording I had to abort was available on a +1 channel and that completed without error.
    Any further comments on whether this is a bug fixable by Humax?
    Thanks

| Tue 23 Sep 2014 9:07:27 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Trevor Wright - 2 hours ago  » 
    Last night (22.9.14), I was 45 mins through watching a recording and suddenly the screen went dark and the "scrambled" message appeared.

Yes we see this bug very occasionally and have done since the box was new some years ago. I assume Humax are aware of it but something that manifests itself so infrequently will be very difficult to trace and fix.

| Tue 23 Sep 2014 12:10:11 #29 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Barry - 6 days ago  » 
    Hope to get updates (that I can publish) on this and 1800/2000T next week Chris.

Still no news I'm afraid.

| Sat 27 Sep 2014 10:23:06 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.