My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Transfer recordings from old to new Humax?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bad Daddee

Hi there - I have an old Humax Foxsat HDR and just added a new HDR100s. as both have USB ports I assumed there would be no problem copying from older machine to the new one. I am only trying to shift some SD recordings as I know the HD ones will have to stay on the older machine.

I only wanted to move some stuff as the old Foxsat has moved out of the lounge.

Are there any known compatibility issues between recordings made on the older machine and newer models.? My older machine is now five years old.

Or have I just done something wrong . . . ?

All help and suggestions gratefully accepted . .!

| Fri 3 Apr 2015 21:50:54 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi and welcome to our forum. Delete the sidecar files (.nts and .hmt) leaving only the video/audio .ts file. The hdr1000S should play back the .ts OK. If you install the Custom Firmware add on and the associated DLNA server package on the Foxsat you can play the SD recordings directly from the Foxsat if it and the HDR1000S are connected to your home network.

| Sat 4 Apr 2015 9:48:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bad Daddee

Thanks for that graham

I wasn't sure whether to leave those other files in place before attempting to load files onto the new machine. At the moment the old machine is not networked but I might consider doing so at a later date.

| Sun 5 Apr 2015 22:13:43 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bad Daddee - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thanks for that graham
    I wasn't sure whether to leave those other files in place before attempting to load files onto the new machine. At the moment the old machine is not networked but I might consider doing so at a later date.

They confuse the Media Player in the freetime box. If you wish you can rename them so they are slightly different to the main .ts file, say add an x just before the file extension. The same happens if you try and play Foxsat files on a Humax Freeview+ box using the USB media player.

They should play from usb by the way, without uploading them.

| Sun 5 Apr 2015 22:18:47 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.